Author Topic: Yellow satin...revisited  (Read 682 times)

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yellow satin...revisited
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »
Greetings all! I've hit some deadends trying to convert from the original formula. I've reached out to the original company, and various paint reps from my old parts store and they were unable to come through. I can easily borrow the scanner to shoot and convert which would make things much easier, but I unfortunately do not have enough area or viable paint to scan left on the old girl....So, if anyone has a more recent conversion formula from a scan for yellow satin I would greatly appreciate it.
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

DTort96646

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Yellow satin...revisited
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:58:52 PM »
I had Yellow Satin mixed in PPG acrylic lacquer and it matches the top and upholstery perfectly. What are you having it mixed in? The formula posted in the KFOCI Darrin info is the formula that  was used to mix my yellow satin. Also the same formula for AMC Hialeah Yellow.

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Yellow satin...revisited
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:56:34 PM »
I was looking to do enamel for the rims and various metal hardware I pull off as I go. Then the body I will eventually be Eurethane due to the flexing of the body.... I sent the original formula to the current Rinshed-Mason company and were unable to cross or convert to the chemical lines they use today. A scan was all they could do. My interior is white so that wasn't an option for me. I'm following up now with the AMC listing now😎...Thank you!
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS