Author Topic: Club networking...  (Read 749 times)

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Club networking...
« on: March 20, 2017, 09:07:16 AM »
I can't say it enough...This group is and has been extremely helpful! I've been able to reach out to a number of people by phone, Facebook and and had a great visit with Mr. Lape! I'm already making the list of the pics I need for the next visit:-) Progress has been slow, but coming out of a 50 year hibernation makes for much work!...While waiting for a couple of items being made, I'm starting some minor body work in areas and stocking fasteners...tedious:-)
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: Club networking...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 12:49:14 PM »
Looking forward to yet another Darrin back in circulation. I notice you have a '61 Falcon 2-dr wagon. I once owned a '63 Falcon 2-dr as well, but it was a sedan delivery. A bad rust bucket with 171,000 miles that I bought for $75. Drove it in NY during winter to preserve my '64 T-bird. Drove the SD to Florida for a winter season and it pretty much died when I returned to NY in the Spring. I also owned a 61 4-dr wagon and a '63 Comet convertible.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Club networking...
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 06:51:25 AM »
Love the Falcons!  We had quite a few more:-) I forwarded the 2dr wagon to one of my brothers. When we first go the 2 dr my older brothers all got to drive it. I was only 12 at the time. We did take it from Ohio to Paris Island to see my brother finish boot camp. That was a great trip! 7 of us stuffed in it...He's the one who has it now. The Darrin and my Victoria are going to keep me busy...Funny one...I had a 64 wagon in high school. I bought it as a $50 beater with a heater. I had been hit just behind the rear passenger door and drove down the road in an odd bent sort of way. It was Fords lovely powder blue and given the nickname Motel 6 b/c of the color. It was pretty funny. Pulled the motor when I scrapped it. I still have it waiting for my brother to pick that up too:-)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:14:02 AM by njpatera »
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS