Author Topic: Headlight switch  (Read 1142 times)

54manhattan13

• View Profile
Headlight switch
« on: April 30, 2017, 07:23:21 AM »
In need of nos or "good" headlight switch for '54 Kaiser Manhattan.

Marvin

Bob L.

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Headlight switch
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 07:50:50 AM »
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I used a Willys part to replace mine.  Not an exact replacement part.....  Had to make about 4 or 5 pieces to get original knob to fit/bushed hole in dash/fit original bezel back/shaft extension adapter from threaded to straight..... etc...

But can be done, with some time and effort.

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/category/electrical/switches-relays-solenoids/headlight-dimmer-switches/headlight-control-switch-fits-52-64-truck-station-wagon

Picture is after....with new switch.

Good luck?

Bob L.

Bob L.

• View Profile
    • Email
picture
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 08:07:20 AM »
Looks like I failed to attach picture to last... tried to go back to modify/add, no luck... hopefully, this will do..

54manhattan13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 09:22:39 AM »
Thank You for responding Bob. My switch works for the park/taillight & headlights, the only problem I have is the rheostat is burned out. I plan on bypassing the rheostat and installing an inline resistor.

I am in the process of installing the new wiring harness that Bob McBride made for me. The harness is truely a work of art. I hope Bob lives to be 100 and can help anyone with old wiring. His workmanship and detail are astonishing.

I don't believe Bob is on the internet. He truely should get as many accolades as possible.

Bob L.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 02:35:10 PM »
same reason I changed mine.  Not sure it made a lot of difference, as the bulb covers in dash were "aged"...not that much light came thru... but.............it's done.

Good luck with it all.

Bob L.