Author Topic: 5 bias ply tires / windshield visor / '53 parts  (Read 1079 times)

thej63

• View Profile
    • Email
5 bias ply tires / windshield visor / '53 parts
« on: September 18, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »
When my wife and I purchased our '51 dragon it came with various other parts (some of which don't go with the car) so we're looking to get rid of them.

I will be attending the AACA fall meet in hershey and will be selling these parts there but if there's someone from here interested in any of it (especially the tires and visor) pre-show...and will also be in attendance to pick up in person and save the shipping hassle, that would be great.

I have the following:

5x Firestone Deluxe Champion white wall tires 6.70-15. They are labeled as tubeless but had tubes in all of them...which will be included as well. These tires have roughly 300 miles on them. I swapped them out for radials as I'm not entering any aaca events just yet. They were put on the car by the previous previous owner and are not new by any means. They're showing some cracking on the whitewall as you can see in the photos. I was planning to mount them on a second set of wheels and put them on just for AACA judged events but I don't have space to have a second set of wheels lying around just yet.

Windshield visor - unknown brand. It appears to be a later / universal style as you can adjust the width of the visor in the middle. It does have the center support but do not have the end supports for it so they would need to be sourced elsewhere or fabricated. It is currently in an unpainted matte black finish.

2x '53 headlight rings (with the fins on either side)

V shaped "K" front hood emblem for a '53

I believe I have more to add to this....will update when I post photos.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:40:45 PM by thej63 »

1951 Kaiser Deluxe Golden Dragon - Arena Yellow (087)
AACA First JR - 2018

thej63

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 5 bias ply tires / windshield visor / '53 parts
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:45:10 PM »
What is the born date on the tires??

sorry for the delayed response. date is week 23 of '04

they're old enough that I wouldn't daily drive with them but I had planned to use them for show purposes with "correct tires"

1951 Kaiser Deluxe Golden Dragon - Arena Yellow (087)
AACA First JR - 2018

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 5 bias ply tires / windshield visor / '53 parts
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 07:06:16 PM »
Parts listed for sale in our Forum need a price.  The born date on radial tires is important as they will lose their tread but conventional tires usually run for decades at under 50MPH. 
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom