Author Topic: A new member of my fleet  (Read 1076 times)

WYO George

• View Profile
    • Email
A new member of my fleet
« on: October 28, 2017, 09:00:54 PM »
Greetings folks, I guess I'll do a short(ish ) introduction since this is my first post. My name is George, I have a restoration shop and have been working on old cars since I was old enough to hold a wrench. A customer of mine has a 55 Chevrolet pickup in my shop and offered to trade me a Kaiser to cover part of the restoration cost. I looked into it and it's unique enough that I figured why not. The more I've looked into them the more they attract me and since my wall clock in my shop is made from a Continental 4 cylinder head I just had to jump on a car with a continental engine and automatic transmission. What a wild combo to have a very low tech engine with a very high tech (for it's time) transmission!?!

At any rate, the 51 Deluxe is now at my shop and ready for me to get some time, or one of my employees to run out of work so I can get started on it. The car is very complete and has minimal rust. It was last driven in 2007 and has been parked since then so it'll take a bit of work to get it running, but not as bad as some vehicles I've worked on that have been sitting for multiple decades.

Here she sits ready for the trip back to the shop.

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A new member of my fleet
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 09:19:49 PM »
Good for you .  You will not be disappointed.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
That looks like a nice unusual color, kind of a bronze - if it is original. 
No old cars owned.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 04:33:00 AM »
I think there was a FB post of this same car. In it, the color looks closer to Carribean Coral, but in this shot it could be Oakwood Brown metallic. Post a picture of the trim tag (large tag under the hood) and we'll decode it for you.

Looks like a nice, solid car.

WYO George

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 09:47:13 AM »
I think there was a FB post of this same car. In it, the color looks closer to Carribean Coral, but in this shot it could be Oakwood Brown metallic. Post a picture of the trim tag (large tag under the hood) and we'll decode it for you.

Looks like a nice, solid car.

Yes sir, it’s the same car. I’ll post up a pick when I’m back to the shop. I’m on the road today to see a guy about a 32 Ford he wants to send to me for a frame-off job.