Author Topic: KFOC  (Read 1913 times)

bobtcars@wildblue.net

• View Profile
    • Email
KFOC
« on: October 31, 2017, 08:20:45 AM »
Is there a local chapter in the DFW area?

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KFOC
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:01:22 AM »
I guess that is what I should be asking...to get a DECENT answer. 

Is there a Louisiana chapter or area chapter that includes Louisiana?

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:58:15 PM »
If DFW means the Dallas-Ft. Worth area that would be included in the Midwest Division and the Southwest Region of that would include both Texas and Louisiana.  We have many members in both states.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

bobtcars@wildblue.net

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KFOC local chapter
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 09:19:10 AM »
I was asking if there is a local club in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area.  A group that has regular meetings and functions.  I am a member of AACA, HCCA, & the Hudson Es*** Terraplane clubs.  We have regular meetings each month.  I am asking if there is such a Kaiser club in this area.
Bob T

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KFOC local chapter
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 11:42:27 AM »
I was asking if there is a local club in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area.  A group that has regular meetings and functions.  I am a member of AACA, HCCA, & the Hudson Es*** Terraplane clubs.  We have regular meetings each month.  I am asking if there is such a Kaiser club in this area.

Bob, the KFOCI is broken into 3 Divisions (Eastern, Midwest, Western) which are further broken into regions; Texas (as a whole) is part of the South Central Region of the Midwest Division. If there is a DFW group (or members in any other specific locale) that get together it's done informally. I can confirm there are 5 current DFW members, and possibly more nearby.

The South Central Region has a meet this coming weekend (Nov 3-5); details have been published in the Bulletin. If you're a current KFOCI member, or wish to become a member, you can attend to "network" with other region members. If you can't attend, or no DFW members attend, you can search in the printed 2016 roster or the online search tool - but you must be a member for access. You can join online at: www.kfclub.com 

NOTE: per Article 2, Section 5 of the KFOCI Constitution: "Membership in the club is required for membership in any Division, Region and/or Registry."
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »
I guess that is what I should be asking...to get a DECENT answer. 

Is there a Louisiana chapter or area chapter that includes Louisiana?

LA is also in the South Central Region of the Midwest Division. The same info I provided to bobtcars regarding contact with members in your area would also apply for you - or anyone else seeking club members in their area.

11/2/17: amended to add: there are currently 2 active members in LA
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:52:56 PM by Bulletin Editor »
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »
Thank you.  I have an invite from Texas to attend.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:55:11 PM by Carpenter »

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »
bobtcars@wildblue.net: backin the late 1980s KFOCI members mostly interacted through face to face encounters at swap meets. As things progressed there was a lot of long distance phone calling to bond members together. Myself, I preferred Email. Of course in recent years, there is a lot of traffic on Facebook.
In Houston there was a loose Orphan Car organization where KF, Nash. and several other makes would get together about 4 times a year. Usually one meet would be at a BBQ joint in the Houston Heights on the Sunday of the Daytona 500.
If you need help, want advice, or need sympathetic voice, all you need to do is ask.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 07:35:45 PM »
bobtcars@wildblue.net: In addition this Saturday Nov 4 is the SCT Regional Meet at the Lake Murray State Park South of Ardmore OK. This is most likely too late for you drive up there for a day visit even though it is lass than 90 minutes from the DFW area. One of the purposes of a car meet is to display the cars to the general public and remind or instruct the general public that our cars existed. I have encountered more than a few car club meets where the people there forgot about this so walking in cold so to speak results in a disappointing experience. I got over these experiences, but I didn't forget them.   
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170