Author Topic: Frazer's Frazer  (Read 1312 times)

dragondust

• View Profile
    • Email
Frazer's Frazer
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:46:58 AM »
Being a newer member, I will ask to be pardoned for asking a question that has probably been answered many times prior. In looking at some early KFOC Quarterlies, I discovered that Joe Frazer had actually offered his personal Frazer to interested members in the club. There were no takers and he "gave" it to someone else, according to a letter from Frazer that was published in a later quarterly. My questions are:

1. Do we know the details of Joe Frazer's car?
2. Do we know its whereabouts and the present owner?

dogwalkfinds

• View Profile
    • dogwalkfinds
    • Email
Re: Frazer's Frazer
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:02:57 AM »
Great questions! Also, did he own more than one?
I'd be interested in HJK's ownership record, too if anyone knows.
Despite the company's turbulent history it had to be fun for them to own 1 or 2 (or a few)_
'48 Frazer
'50 Dodge truck
'53 Plymouth
dogwalkfinds.blogspot.com

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:18:23 AM »
HJK owned a 1955 4 door Kaiser Manhattan that was "loaded".  Original colors were light green body and dark green top.  He had it painted white outside, pink inside, had pink rolled leather installed inside, and gave it to Jane Mansfield.  He died in 1967, she died in an auto accident in 1968.  John Parker bought the car in northern California at a sale in 1968.  John parted the car out before he passed away.

dragondust

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:02:08 AM »
All the Kaiser-owned cars are well documented. I am trying to answer the questions in my first posting about FRAZER's FRAZER, Anybody out there?

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 02:11:45 PM »
I heard that Joe Frazer's car was donated to a museum in the East but I do not know which one.  Maybe someone of us remembers.  It would have been a fantastic asset for the club but at the time no one acted on the offer and we lost out.  Because we do not have a museum or a foundation we have missed out on several other large donations of K-F collections.  With our club's small size maintaining a museum is too much work and expense for our budget.  Fortunately there are several of our members who have collected Kaiser-Frazer memorabilia over the years and member Bill Brown in Utah has a fine private museum devoted to Kaisers and Frazer's.  I think that our legacy will live on for many years!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 05:51:41 PM »
Gordie, all it will take is just ONE dedicated member with the money. That will be ME if I ever have the money.