Author Topic: Running 226 CID Flathead Engine  (Read 1465 times)

redneckgarage

• View Profile
    • Email
Running 226 CID Flathead Engine
« on: October 12, 2017, 07:59:10 PM »
I have a running 1949 Kaiser 226. It's currently in a 49 Kaiser Traveler, but my wife wants me to do a rest Ahmad on this car. The car has been sitting since nineteen eighty, but when we put a battery in it and cleaned the points then poured a little guest on the carburetor, it fired right up. Needs carburetor work, but it didn't even blow any smoke. Here's a link to a video of the day we fired it up. https://youtu.be/wb_ezfY-5FA

I also have the original three speed transmission, but the clutch seems to be stuck. We will be changing the entire driveline and suspension, so all the suspension parts and rear axle could also be available.

I have no idea what these parts are worth, so feel free to email me an offer.

Wayne

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Running 226 CID Flathead Engine
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:47:32 PM »
Where are you located...city..state?

redneckgarage

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 06:57:05 AM »
I'm sorry, I should put that in the original post. I'm located in Alpena Arkansas, just south of Branson Missouri. My company is the Redneck Garage, and we can arrange to ship any of these parts if necessary. Shipping is extra, of course.

redneckgarage

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
a quick update:

It turns out it wasn't the clutch that was stuck on the three speed transmission, but the linkage. The transmission seems to work just fine now that we figure that out.

As far as price goes, I'm asking $900 or best offer for the engine and transmission together. I would entertain offers for any other parts you might be looking for, and since we're doing a resto-mod on this car, that could include just about anything other than primary body parts. The car is complete, so just let me know what you might need.

Evan Crowell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 10:04:50 PM »
Wayne,

I'm looking for a generator off a 1949 Kaiser, would you be willing to sell the one off this car?

-Evan Crowell
"Problems are just opportunities in work clothes"
        -Henry J Kaiser
1948 Kaiser Special