Author Topic: Front inner seal 53 K  (Read 1464 times)

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
Front inner seal 53 K
« on: May 01, 2010, 10:24:56 AM »
I am working on my brakes, and I need to replace the inner front seal, and the bearing. I got a new bearing with using the old number off the bearing, but can't cross the seal. does anyone know what the new Seal number would be? This is for a 53 manhattan. Thanks.
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
Re: Front inner seal 53 K
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:17:14 AM »
The old club handbook lists Victor 49640 as the inner seal for all KF.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 11:51:55 AM »
Thanks Ben for taking the time to look that up for me. My local O'Rielly's didn't have that number and wasn't able to cross it. But we have a smaller Bumper to Bumper dealer, he looked it up in an old National book, the Seal for national is 471831. Does the club have a list of all known updated cross reference numberws for main items like this? Is that part of the Handbook? I've only been in the club a year and don't know, thanks..

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 08:38:45 PM »
Ron, the most current crossover list available is the one that Richard Hansen did and offers throught the bulletin.  The cost is $10 (Region Fundraiser).  It's helped me find a couple of parts so the investment has already paid off.
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 09:13:35 PM »
Thanks Mike, I actually received my newletter today, and noticed it. I will be purchasing a copy this week. thanks again to everyone for the help. When I pulled the drum off to replace the wheelcylinder it was the only thing I needed to do, then when I put the drum back on, it seemed to go abit to closed and the rivits on the drum were scaping when I tighted the drum nut. Guess the seal was old and needed replaced. The brake job is becoming more and more work each time. After replacing the rear shoes and wheel cylinders, I tried to  bleed the brakes, but the line is blocked somewhere, the old wheel cylinders were froozen badly. I bought new lines for the rear today.