Author Topic: Henry J (inside) door spring Question  (Read 4756 times)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Henry J (inside) door spring Question
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »
That would explain it too - The Henry J parts book does not break the latch assembly down into parts.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

54HJ Cdn

• View Profile
Re: Henry J (inside) door spring Question
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 05:56:19 PM »
Hard to tell on the HJ door, or maybe it's just me.

Visibility is not very good in that area and I didn't want to dismantle the latches, since they appeared to work well, especially on the driver's side anyway; even with the broken spring. Go figure!

There certainly appears to be a 'Knee bone connected to the thigh bone' thing maybe going on there, but I'm a big believer in the 'If it works, don't fix it' school of thought, so I addressed the door handle return problem and left the latches alone.
Too bad that there isn't any detail available on the whole latch mechanism. It would be nice to be able to understand the function without having to pull it apart to study it. A parts list would be helpful too!

That's what I get for 'just having to have a Henry J', although I suspected that it would be a challenge going in....that's also why I took out my membership in the Club when I got the car.
It has been the greatest resource available to me anywhere and I really appreciate all the help over the years.