Author Topic: John and June Parker  (Read 1324 times)

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
John and June Parker
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:36:10 AM »
I just read that June Parker, wife of John Parker, passed away March 12, 2016, in Durant, Colorado.  Does anyone know when John passed away (he preceded her in death)?  I did a search here and did not find any information about his death.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: John and June Parker
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 12:13:05 PM »
John Parker died in 2006.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 12:23:53 PM »
Do we know any more than that?

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:13:36 PM »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »
John and June were faithful members of the Southern California chapter for many years.  John had many parts made for our cars and had a large facility in Fullerton where he repaired Kaisers and Frazer's and eventually sold the parts business to Rudy Phillips when he retired.  They rarely ever missed a National meet and with friends Tom and Leona Hoffman would drive every year to wherever the meet was being held.   They were indeed the sparkplugs that made the Southern CA region the largest region of all for many years.  They will all be missed!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 06:05:59 PM »
Thank you, Fid and Gordie.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 12:16:16 PM »
I hauled a 19K mile 1955 Willys Custom from a junkyard to John Parker's shop in Fullerton for stripping, circa 1983 (that's John on the left). He and I stripped it down and cut up the carcass within the next few weeks. I still have some of the sheet metal from it.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

kaiservagabond

• MSN Messenger - kvagabond@geusnet.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 02:34:46 PM »
I joined the KFOCI in 1988 and went to my first swap meet, The Pate Swap Meet, in Cresson, TX. in April of '99 along with John Hewlett.  John told me about John Parker and we looked him up.  There he was with his lovely wife, June, and we had a long visit and I learned a lot from him.  He came to the Pate every year while it was in Cresson but I believe he stopped coming when the swap meet moved to the Texas Motor Speedway in 1998.  I remember meeting one of his proteges.  He had bought a 1949 Kaiser from John, as I remember, and they drove it from California to Texas and that boy told me how John drove that Kaiser, balls to the wall if you know what I mean.  Also the boy that owned the car then had strapped a surf board to the top of that Kaiser. The first time I saw it was while some of us were heading into Ft Worth for dinner one night and out of the blue came this Kaiser with a surf board on top coming up behind me and passed me like we were standing still.  So of course we looked him up when we got back and got his story about the engine that had a cracked block and Mr. Parker had built that engine for him, the boy, and put it in.  It was quite a story at the time.  And we always looked for John and his wife at the Pate Swap Meet every year.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 05:48:17 PM »
Kaiservagabond,

Great Story. I to would go to Pate Swap Meet knowing I would get to see This wonderful K F W Family. John's personality was a lot like My late Dad.

I also native Calif. Stoped by His Shop after National Meet at Queen Mary in 1989. Plus Take My Dragon to places still around at that time to take pictures. We had a lot of West Coast Members help Me find Our Original Dragon. Member did not want to sell. I got lucky & got one of the First All Vinyl Dragons in the Club.This helped because only 25 Or so was This Combination. I got to Speak at The National to gave Big Thanks to All Club Members...

I found Our Original in 7 Months not knowing it's wearabouts for 15 Years. Members like John Parker was how it was a successful find. This was in the late 70's so before Computer.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:06:33 PM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.