Author Topic: Radar, the cops and us!  (Read 3285 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radar, the cops and us!
« on: May 02, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »
As we all know the different cities, counties and states are all having budget shortfalls and they have all spread the word amongst themselves about a plan to make lots of money in a hurry.  You have all seen many more more law enforcement on our streets and highways lately.  I just made a trip to Utah this week and I saw cars pulled over in an unprecedented number and motor cycle cops actually hiding and with their radar guns pointed at you.  On the Interstates they hide at the bottom of hills or at the crests and in the medians behind bridge abutments.  My point is that I have never seen so many police even in small towns.  Watch your speed as they are really out there in force trying to get our money.  Lets save all we can to get those K-F products restored.  This has certainly slowed me down!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Radar, the cops and us!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
The city of Canton, Ohio reported a 300% increase in the number of traffic citations in the first 4 months of this year over last. What caught my attention was that the safety director said that the increase was needed to balance the city's budget. I found it interesting that they admitted that the citations were looked at as purely a revenue stream and not an increase in patrols to better road safety.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 08:42:55 PM »
Being originally from Utah I can tell you that there have always been a large number of officers on the road, especially along the I-15 corridor.  Not to say that they haven' ramped it up, probably even more now.

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »
It's never been about safety, now they are just admitting it.  The officers don't like it any more than us lay-drivers according to the deputies I work with here in Western Washington. We also have those radar cameras in some places (and the red light cameras, which, if a light set is so equipped, it is clearly marked.). So, let's deprive the Governments of more revenue so they finally HAVE TO CUT BACK.  Problem is they leave the fat and cut the stuff they're supposed to do, like fire and law enforcement, jails, and roads, so we all need to force them (ie, vote for the very few who don't go for the pork garbage and against those who "give" us what they think we need) to be responsible.  Looks like a tough road ahead.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:44:21 AM by 84RabbitGTI »
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:02:37 PM »
Los Angeles just announced that they are having a red light enforcement program starting today.  The TV station showed the motorcycle cops hiding around the corner waiting for bait.  We should all drive responsibly but be extra careful starting now as they are looking for us everywhere!  $$$$$$
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 10:35:13 PM »
I read today that Arizona is going to stop using it's robot speed radar traps.  It brought too many law suits and didn't bring in enough money, apparently.
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 10:59:21 PM »
That is interesting.  Also those red light cameras create so many rear end collisions that they are looking hard at that device too.
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 11:19:28 AM »
Unfortunately, other needing people suffer in the quest for Cash.  When Barbara and I came back from NJ last weekend, I noticed several cars in PA on the median with people in them and hoods up...the Pennsylvania State Police just raced right by them WITHOUT lights or siren to indicate they were already committed to other activities.

I hope at least they passed the word on that someone was broken down.

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »
Go fast? Not in my Kiaser with the original 226.  ;D

But I am quite shocked to hear how widespread this is... Its been this was for a long time here in Los Angeles.
- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1955 Packard Clipper Custom