Author Topic: 54 superchager pressure tube routing  (Read 917 times)

ldladyvt

• View Profile
    • Email
54 superchager pressure tube routing
« on: April 30, 2018, 12:11:32 PM »
What is the routing of the pressure tube from the upper fuel pump cover to the supercharger?  A picture would be most helpful but a description works too.  Our 54 had the gas line in place from the pump to the carb enclosure but no supercharger at the time we bought it.  The 90 degree brass fitting on the upper part of the fuel pump was plugged off and had no line. 

oldpm

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 54 superchager pressure tube routing
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 01:02:12 PM »
Good morning,
I texted photos to Bob’s phone as I couldn’t figure out how to get them onto this site.
Barry

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 01:28:14 PM »
There's a port on the passenger side of the supercharger itself that takes the line. The line runs from the top of the fuel pump to a 45 degree fitting on the supercharger.

ldladyvt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 11:56:17 AM »
Hi Jim,   thanks for the info....I see a possible route up through the manifolds but I may direct the tube towards the motor mount area (behind it) and then up to the supercharger.  Barry, thank you for the attempt at photos but Char has checked her phone several times over the last few days and nothing came through.  Are you using the phone number (cell) in the bulletin?  Should start '802-779' not '802-247'.  Bob

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 12:59:44 PM »
I ran the line up from the fuel pump and between exhaust outlet #1 and the intake then to the supercharger.