Author Topic: People's Choice!!  (Read 973 times)

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
People's Choice!!
« on: July 04, 2018, 06:34:24 PM »
I just returned from The Petersen Automotive Museum, which is about 35 miles from me.   I don't normally like to drive that far on the freeways we have out here but this was special.   The PAM, was having their Cruise-In breakfast on July 4th celebrating American Iron.   I had to go, I have been a docent (tour guide) there for over 21 years and a member of the Checkered Flag 200 Club since I purchased my Darrin in 2012.

People are so starved for seeing the Genius of Howard "Dutch" Darrin and Henry J. Kaiser, they flock to these cars and are amazed at the overall appeal of these cars and when given the chance, vote for them.  That is how I won Best In Show a year and a half ago, because it was voted on by the parents and students of the school that was holding the car show.   I could go on.....   They still command attention after all these years!!!

Let's get these cars out there so more people can see them.   Do your due diligence and know the history of Henry J. Kaiser, Howard "Dutch" Darrin and Joseph W. Frazer, so you can let them see who it was that made this all happen!!!!
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

j762538

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: People's Choice!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 07:46:33 PM »
Congratulations!
51 Kaiser Deluxe Traveler 2 door
54 Kaiser Early Special 4 door

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 01:08:18 AM »
Congratulations and thanks for getting that beautiful car out and admired.  They are not seen as much on the road anymore as they used to be.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 08:46:40 AM »
Many people ask if they are rare as not many make the car shows, at least the ones I attend.
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 08:56:24 AM »
For years I have said that all the members of this organization need to to is get their cars to GENERAL type old car shows.  You WILL get the people to stop, gawk and ask questions.  If they get "educated" that you can drive these cars, you can get parts for these cars and that there is a great support organization in the KFOCI, more people (all different ages) will get interested enough to buy one and join the club (or in some cases, join first, then get a car).

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 09:13:12 PM »
Car Show Rules: You have to be able to display your cars to the passing public. People passing by will be attracted and stop in. This results in 1) a feel good moment when people praise your car, 2) a lead on parts or cars not known to the Club, or 3) enough interest to sign up a new member.
There have been recent KF Nationals when the location was away from the passing public. That isn't good but I understand the considerations of facilities and lodging costs.
I would think the need to catch the attention of the passing public is more important with local and regional displays.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170