Author Topic: 52 aero patch panels ?  (Read 5940 times)

ss442

• View Profile
    • Email
52 aero patch panels ?
« on: March 06, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »
hello there i recently purchased a 1952 aero eagle hardtop that is really solid minus the rust in the lower corners below the trunk but above the bumper and the area underneath the doors IE rocker panels ... and was wondering were or if i could get patch panels for this  i rerally dont know much about this car and had never seen one till i bought mine any info would be a big help all i know is 2364 were made in 52 and it is a two door hard top not post and a eagle please help
52 aero eagle
68 chevelle
71 vw super

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: 52 aero patch panels ?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Rocker panels and the filler that is below the trunk lid occasionally show up on ebay but right now, there is no current aftermarket availability of body panels for the Aero series cars. I had a '54 Aero Eagle Custom and scoured the internet to find front end sheet metal for mine.

ss442

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
bummer well thanks for the info
52 aero eagle
68 chevelle
71 vw super

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 12:51:40 AM »
Congrats--it will be a cool car to restore.  Are you a member of KJOCI?

ss442

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
logan: what is kjoci ???
52 aero eagle
68 chevelle
71 vw super

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 02:26:11 PM »
Kaiser Jokes on Club Ideas?

No Aero sheet metal reproduction panels have ever been made as far as I know. The only Aero reproduced items that I know of are:

The front and rear window rubbers (1-piece windshield, 1 piece rear wrapround) were made by John Parker and may still be available thru Rudy Phillips.

Lew Retzer made the 1955 taillight housing to body rubber gaskets (can be used for the '55 grille rubbers as well).

The club's Manufacturing fund has repro'd the F-head valve cover decal and the Fram oil filter decals.

The lower lens for the '54 taillights were repro'd in amber by Ivan Dole in Australia.

Lew & Ivan are researching the '55 back-up lenses.
I am researching the roof rail weatherstrips for the hardtops (the rubber where the door vent wndows and roll-up windows meet the roof).
Neither of these are past the initial inquiry stage. We'd like to get a consensus on how many we could sell to see if these would be viable. Email me if you're interested in either the roof rail w'strip or the b/u lenses.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 02:06:46 PM »
Sorry, KFOCI Kaiser-Frazer Owners Club International.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »
I was talking to Lew Retzer tonite (he only communicates by phone, no computers) and he says that KaiserWillys Auto Parts in Aiken SC has reproduced the 1952-1953 Aero taillamp lenses. Add that to our very small list.

Also, the KFOCI Manufacturing fund has reproduced the air cleaner decals. Make sure that you order the correct one.

Carl Hering has reproduced the spark plug wires.

Bob McBride has reproduced the Willys Aero wire harnesses for the 226 engined cars of 1954 and 1955.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.