Author Topic: Two 1951 and one 1953 Kaiser  (Read 894 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Two 1951 and one 1953 Kaiser
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:47:09 PM »
Ran across this on the AACA site. I have no interest with too much on my plate now. The 51s are rare Club Coupes that look like relatively easy restorations. If anyone is seriously interested, I can personally inspect them for you as they're within an hour of my residence.

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/314912-2-1951-kaiser-coupes-plus-one-1953-for-sale/

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Two 1951 and one 1953 Kaiser
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 09:12:28 AM »
If I had the room I’d grab the rough ‘53 to save what I could from it.
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Two 1951 and one 1953 Kaiser
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »
Too bad the club coupes are over-priced although the seller (assisting) seems to know it.  How does an appraiser arrive at $4500 on non running project cars? 

And again, they want to sell all 3 together?  Not happening. I guess - 30 to 40 years ago there were plenty of KF fans around that would buy the whole lot for $350.  But not anymore. 

njpatera - there are a lot of 53 parts around.  It's nice to consider saving another one, but there is no demand.

IF - the 51's were within 400 miles or so, I would pay $500 for one of them.  The 51 Kaiser club coupes are better looking than the popular shoebox Ford post coupes of this same era.  About as powerful too even with Henry's flathead. 

In fact now that I am thinking about it, one of these club coupes would make an excellent hot rod.  But it would cost $80,000.  The simplicity of the taillights on the 51, and even the grille and front appearance, is basically what hot rodders do to cars anyway!  They French in headlight surrounds.  You are already there on the 51's. 

It would be an easy hot rod from the visual perspective.  I have never been able to wrap my head around how to install a modern era power train in an older car like that.  To get the V8 centered right, the auto trans and to put in a rear axle. I am sure I would mess it up. 

But that's about it.  I would just have the seats and interior redone in something simple and nice, a houndstooth pattern inside of leather or vinyl.  Keep the shifter on the column. 
No old cars owned.