Author Topic: Yreka CA May meet  (Read 5486 times)

stroker70

• View Profile
    • Email
Yreka CA May meet
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:39:23 AM »
Looking for info on the May Yreka CA meet mentioned on this forum. I am not a club member yet and have no idea what that meet is all about but will have my Dragon road worthy by then. How many cars would be expected to show? what hotel is being used? Anybody from the So-Cal area planning to make the trek?

Chris

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: Yreka CA May meet
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »
Printed in the February PNW Traveler - Regional Newsletter from the PNW Region of KFOCI

WESTERN DIVISION MEET   Yreka, CA                May 20-23

The City of Yreka will be the destination for those who attend the Western Division Meet from May 20th to 23rd.  What you may not know is that Yreka is known as the "Golden City", in honor of its mining past, and it also has the distinction of being the proposed Capitol of the once hoped for "State of Jefferson".  More information about the significance of these names will be included in the March issue.

The Holiday Inn Express will be the host hotel for the meet, and activities will be interesting and varied.  An important part of the meet will be a discussion, led by Division Director, Larry Barker, about the 2011 KFOCI National Meet which will be held in San Diego.

The Holiday Inn is located at 707 Montague Road, Yreka, CA 96097, and the phone number is 530-842-1600.  The room rate is $99.00, plus tax, for any room configuration, and this includes a full breakfast. Thirty rooms have been set aside for us, and members should mention the Kaiser Frazer Club when they call to register.  For those who want to stay at an RV Park, the Yreka RV Park is situated adjacent to the Holiday Inn Express and its phone number is 530-841-0100.  We recommend that reservations be made early at both the Hotel and the RV Park.

As mentioned above, the Holiday Inn room rate includes a full breakfast.  The Hotel Manager has asked for, and has received, permission to have our members who are not staying there join us for breakfast at a cost of $10.00. Also, the Hotel requires those not staying there to sign a Waiver of Liability form. 

The schedule for the meet is as follows:

THURSDAY:  This will be a travel day, and after arrival we invite everyone to get together at the hotel to visit and enjoy the hotel surroundings until time to go to dinner which will be at the nearby Casa Ramos Restaurant.  Following dinner ice cream will be served at the hotel.

FRIDAY:  Members will be given a list of local sites they might want to visit until about 11:15 when we'll meet at the Hotel to leave at 11:30 to caravan about seven miles to the Shasta Valley town of Montague.  We'll have lunch there and enjoy the country atmosphere and nostalgia which exists in this old railroad town.  By mid-afternoon we'll return to the Hotel where we'll have technical discussions on a variety of subjects.  A discussion interesting to the ladies is also being planned.

SATURDAY:  This will be the day for our Car Show in beautiful Miner Park, located at the edge of the historic downtown section of town.  We'll have a potluck lunch at the park, and judging will take place for the trophies which will be awarded at the Saturday dinner.  Details on the Peoples' Choice Awards will be included in a future article.  Dinner will be catered at the private room we'll be given by the Holiday Inn Express, and there will be plenty of room there for the many Silent Auction items members will bring.  Let's make this Silent Auction a big and fun activity.  Larry Barker will lead the discussion after dinner about the 2011 National Convention.

SUNDAY:  The meet will conclude after our last breakfast and final goodbyes.

The April article will include additional information and details about the Meet.

Bob Gilzean #6712
Secretary
El Dorado Region

Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »
We had a Western Division Meet in Grants Pass Oregon several years ago that brought in 15 or so cars.  I would expect about that again.    If you are in Southern California you might email the SOCAL Manager Gary Cochrane - g2cochrane@yahoo.com he is in Perris, CA.  If you are more centrally located in Calfornia you might want to contact Bruce Kiser the El Dorado Manager - BKiser53@aol.com he is in Sacramento, CA.  I have read that there is a caravan coming up from the Pilot Travel Center in Dunnigan, CA ... check with Bruce for the time but I think they are leaving at 9:30 am on Thursday May 20th.  Hope this helps.  See you there!!
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 12:48:50 AM »
A dozen cars and four dozen people sofar at Yreka.  I will try and post pictures tomorrow.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 10:38:38 PM »
Here is a test photo

Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 11:28:08 PM »
Great Turn out.

We went out to an old mining town for lunch
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 11:30:49 PM »
We even had an overdrive seminar.
Filing the overdrive solenoid points
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 09:59:28 AM »
Thanks for the pictures Jim!  Looks like a nice turn out.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 08:08:18 AM »
Looks like a great turnout and some nice weather too!

Me, I attended the Midwest Willys Reunion near Cincinnati, OH and had a fun, but eventful weekend. There were about 75 Willys products and 10 Empire tractors that attended. (Empires used Willys Jeep engines). The nearly 200 folks registered made it feel like a KF national. We did, however, have a tornado that blew thru on Friday nite that did no damage at the meet site, but did uproot trees and take down some signs nearby. That and lots and lots of rain on Friday nite. Still, a great time was had by all and I even resisted the urge to buy a real nice '60 Dispatcher.

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »
I wish I could have attended!

- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1955 Packard Clipper Custom

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 12:27:54 AM »
Looks like a great meet, Jim!  Nice bunch of cars! 
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 12:07:56 PM »
It was!!  Have you and Randy given anymore thought to the Spring 2011 Meet in the Puget Sound Area??
Don and I are more than willing to help you in anyway necessary.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 08:44:26 PM »
I haven't been able to get my %^$#%$# e-mail to work (thanks, Verizon!) for a while.  They have issues over there with changing over to Frontier Communications and have me on a work around for the time being. I figured I would get back with everyone after we return from our loooong road trip (in our brand-X) to Florida next month.  I know we need to get going ASAP on this if we are to pull it off.  I want to....
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 10:42:16 PM »
Let me know when you get back and I will help the best I can.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster