Author Topic: 52 Kaiser Deluxe  (Read 1528 times)

dogwalkfinds

• View Profile
    • dogwalkfinds
    • Email
52 Kaiser Deluxe
« on: November 27, 2018, 08:54:44 AM »
Have not seen it in person, but the pictures look pretty good and price seems reasonable.
https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/d/1952-kaiser-deluxe-4dr/6753505001.html
'48 Frazer
'50 Dodge truck
'53 Plymouth
dogwalkfinds.blogspot.com

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: 52 Kaiser Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »
Unusual that this car has tinted glass. I didn't think tinted glass was available until the 1953 model year.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 02:05:39 PM »
Don't Look like tinted Glass ? Inside looking Out don't look like any Tint.

I wish some Folks would do some research before they Post.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:09:09 PM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

jbailey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 07:51:38 PM »
Tinted or not, these car windows in this Craig's list ad still look rather dark for clear glass.

John B. 

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 08:03:20 PM »
KFOCI club members could look up the later series K5211 models and would find the following:

1.  On July 25, 1952 Dealers were informed in Confidential Bulletin #34 that Kaiser deLuxe models were available with a padded dashboard of the type shown to be on the New Rochelle car.

2.  On June 20, 1952 Dealers were infoirmated in Confidential Bulletin #32 (all distributor and dealer series) that E-Z Eye Tinted Glass was available on Kaiser Manhattans only.    Given that a dealer in the New Rochelle NY area would be in the factory's New York City sales territory, it might be possible that a special order for the tinted glass may have occurred.  If that rather unlikely situation occurred, there would be a number in the SPEC-FO header on the body data tag.  Otherwise, it could have been added later on by an owner prior to the current one./

Don't have a KFOCI HANDBOOK?  If you are a member you should have received it in your New Member Information Packet.  If you are not a member, you may want to join.  It's a good investment at $35.00 for a year's membership.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 05:12:33 AM »
The glass is tinted.

The club handbook is on a CD. Computers sold today do not come with CD drives making it impossible to access the information. A thumb drive would be more useful.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »
We've had this discussion before, Jim.  The thumb drives cost about 30-40 times what a blank CD has.  You are the only one complaining about the thumb drive thing it seems.  Remember that many members with computers have older ones with a CD or spent the slight extra amount for a stand-alone cd/dvd drive that has USB connection.  I wish I could put it on a thumb drive but can't find even a 1GB type that has a duplication cost of under $3.50 each.  I have a budget on this (releases are considered a QUARTERLY to the membership) and unlike some others, I know that the club funds are not a bottomless pit.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 01:05:03 PM »
Place the pertinent information - production numbers, trim and paint info, etc - behind the club's website firewall, as previously mentioned, and the rest can be put on some sort of media made available to members at a cost figured to recap the investment.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 04:08:15 PM »
I thought you promised to go away! Man up and follow through.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 08:42:00 PM »
Bustidwing, did you ever join the club?  Have you ever seen the Hanbook?  There are many factory service manual items, Parts books and other service information of interest that have been a significant help to members/owners of cars.  There is some company history and information on the story behind various key events in company history, along with a few dozen factory photos, etc.  If you have a problem with something, come direct to me (if you are a member you have my email address in the club publications you get) and identify specifics.    If not you forefit the right of complaint.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 09:17:09 AM »
That '52 Deluxe was for sale on ebay awhile ago too.  I think the price at that time was a bit steep.  You don't see a lot of the '52/'53 Deluxe models, would be  nice to be able to see a nice restored one.  This one's too much work for me.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 09:24:18 AM »
I just looked - the '52 Deluxe is on ebay for $100 more than the CL listing.  Ebay's fees are a bit more expensive so that's likely why
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios