Author Topic: KFOCI Forum  (Read 2618 times)

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KFOCI Forum
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 09:10:42 AM »
Maybe this is an opportunity to contact the various FB groups and negotiate a friendly merger under the "officially sanctioned" KFOCI banner rather than the groups continue to compete with each other.

Some of the "rogue" group membership numbers are substantial.

KFOCI club membership is utterly meaningless to these groups active daily function & camaraderie. Information is already being freely exchanged between members and non members (no doubt the majority), and will continue to stay active and grow even if every KFOCI member dropped out now.

Don't know if the various Group administrators would agree but it could be a chance to guide the ship rather than swim against the tide while surrounded by friendly, welcoming...……..and growing competitors.

Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 11:21:57 AM »
Where's the "LIKE" Button here for that comment:)
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 12:53:17 PM »
There is no good reason not to combine the groups and have one site serve all of us.  Our club does not own the names Kaiser, Frazer, Willys, Darrin etc. but it certainly does own the name KFOCI as that is the initials of our club, Kaiser Frazer Owners Club International.  For anyone to use our club name for a personal web site whether it be on Facebook or any other social media is wrong and if the name is not changed we will discuss it at the next National Board meeting.  We are proud of our name and it can not be used for personal gain.  Anyone is welcome to join our forum and I don't know why other sites are necessary since we have subjects covering about any area of K-F interests.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2019, 02:48:28 PM »
Anyone can start a new FB Group at anytime on a whim, and name it, whether or not they took the time to search for other similar groups.

I can't help but think there's more going on here about the defense of the KFOCI "brand" but if the competing groups and members are diplomatically welcomed into the "officially  sanctioned" KFOIC sanctioned KF Group then that issue is solved and the KFOCI club administers the entire lot of KF owners, whether or not they're paid KFOCI members.

I think this is a good forum with lots of valuable experience & information on board and, and even though it likely requires a monthly hosting fee as opposed to a free FB Group page, it should be retained for it's content.
The reality is that FB is an unbelievably successful and widespread platform that a huge number of tech savvy people use daily, why not tap into that.

Since I weighed in a year or so back with my two cents about improving the clubs internet presence, just the FB groups I'm aware of have each added hundreds of new members, while the issue of finding new members continues to be broached here from time to time.

Personally, I'm not a big FB fan but the car group sites are thriving just by being mainstream, rather than trying to come up with ideas on how to stop shrinking. It's just a suggestion, if it doesn't fit the club mission that's ok, it's just my two cents as a member, and my observations.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2019, 06:29:55 PM »
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Well said MarkH
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 02:26:55 AM by njpatera »
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 10:08:41 PM »
I Second it... Thanks Gordie for Good Job on a Disclaimer for Our Club.
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

Geoff Hacker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 09:32:48 PM »
Hi Gang....

There are many sites for Corvette owners on the web and there can be many sites for Kaisers too.  I run several different Facebook groups for different fiberglass and sports cars of the early postwar years.  I just checked my Kaiser Darrin group on Facebook.  It'w worldwide and has 140 members and growing quickly.

Places to share information are growing via the web and other media.  That doesn't change the "official" groups that exist on the web be it for Corvette or Kaiser Darrin or Kaiser Frazer.

My Undiscovered Classics website gets about 25,000 people a week for visits.   My Facebook page for Undiscovered Classics often tops over 100,000 visits a week.  The different subgroups I run get a fraction of those "hits."

More promotion and interaction create more interest and discussion.  In my case, I point our Kaiser Darrin group to the official Kaiser club as a place to learn more and to participate.

Done correctly, the internet is an aid and not a sword.

Hope this helps....

Geoff