Author Topic: NEW KAISER DARRIN REGISTRY DIRECTOR  (Read 549 times)

darrin502

• View Profile
    • Email
NEW KAISER DARRIN REGISTRY DIRECTOR
« on: February 15, 2019, 02:53:33 PM »
I have put this here so all members will see it.
I want to thank everyone for trusting me to handle this position.

KAISER DARRIN REGISTRY
Newsletter
My name is Lee Abrahams
This is my first newsletter as the new Darrin registry director. I will be growing into this position and hope to chart a new course for our group.
The registry of existing Darrins is an important part of this job and I intend to track as many Darrins as I can but will respect the wishes of their owners. Some owners want to keep their information private and I will honor that. I will only publish information on those owners that have no problem with their information being published. I will try to locate as many cars as I can for internal information but only disseminate it to the members at large with the owners written permission. There were only a small number of these cars made and there has been much tracking in the past so I will try to build on that. I will talk to the owners and ask for their permission to put them in the registry. If they do not want to be in the public registry I will ask if I can document their car in the master list but not publish their information. Hopefully I can with this approach get a better count of Darrins. I will definitely not strong arm anyone.
I will also send out a newsletter at least once a year hopefully more. I will try to find interesting things to put in the news letter and as others have asked I will need stories from you. I think you will tire fast if I only print my stories. I did buy my first Darrin in 1961  when I was 16 years old and I still have it, that will be a story for later.
I own both original and modified Darrins and I am not a purest which is obvious if you have seen my cars. There is room for all Darrins  in our group, Drivers, project cars, show cars, cars for sale running or not they are all beautiful. We have one of the most unique and valuable cars in the world lets crow about it. I have met many Darrin owners over the years both is the USA and overseas  and they have always been very nice people. I have had many conversations with them as they build and enjoy their cars. Some of them are fortunate enough to be able to buy finished cars but most of them have purchased project cars. I have tried to help them with parts and information on the restoration process.  I will continue to help in any way I can to keep all of these cars on the road.  Some parts are becoming hard to find but many new parts are being made by our members. We all know this is not an inexpensive car to restore. Money can be made if you want a Darrin for investment but remember the profit is made when you buy the car. If you pay too much at the beginning it will be hard to recover and make a profit. Those of you that have the skills in mechanical, painting, body work , upholstery have a big advantage. I am a good mechanic but cannot do all of the other things so I have to depend on others, not optimal. These cars take years to restore and most of us aren't getting any younger. I know quite a bit about Darrins but not much about the other KF cars, I have never had anything but Darrins. I have always just loved the Darrin.
My goal is to grow our Darrin group YOU DO NOT HAVE TO OWN A DARRIN TO BE IN THE GROUP. 
I will be putting together a list of where Darrin parts can be purchased. If any of you know who or where parts can be bought please let me know. Also anyone who wants to be part of the Darrin registry please email me your :
Name, address, phone # , and email address. if you do not have email ask that the information be mailed to you and i will do that. Email is faster and cheaper our group is self funding so costs matter.In closing I will do all I can to make the Darrin registry a group to be proud to be a part of. There are many other things to talk about and we will.
Thank You
LEE ABRAHAMS
(director) 
1641 N Andros Pl
Tucson, AZ  85745
520-743-0256  (if no answer leave message and I will get back to you)
leeabrahams@cox.net

LM #1068
1954 Darrin # 103
1954 Darrin #  60
1954 Darrin #  51
1954 Darrin #  91
1954 Darrin # 394
1954 Darrin # 193
1959 Corvette
1968 Corvette
1968 Mustang
1959 Austin Healy Bug Eye Sprite