Author Topic: Original advertising paintings  (Read 1139 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Original advertising paintings
« on: April 27, 2019, 06:09:01 PM »
In the early years Kaiser-Frazer probably had over 100 original paintings done for advertising and magazine ads.  I wonder what happened to them?  Has anyone ever seen one in a private collection or museum?  The closest that I can come come up with is an unused outdoor billboard that is 10 x 20 ft. and would cover the whole side of my house if I ever could display it.  Maybe at a National meet sometime.  It is in many small squares and needs to be put together like a puzzle.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Original advertising paintings
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 11:05:57 AM »
Gordie

Sorry no one else commented on this topic.  I suppose that means that no one else reading has seen the originals, or might know what happened to them.  I believe I knew, but may be wrong - what artwork you are referring to. Maybe the ads are the closest we can get to them.  I suppose in the instant obsolescence world that was the consumer republic of the 1950's through 1970's, this art work was seen as not having value.  It may have been tucked away for several years then discarded. Someone may have recognized it's beauty in the early 50's, grabbed the artwork and displayed at their home for awhile, but again - did not anticipate the collector world we live in now, and discarded.   Interesting topic. Maybe someone else has knowledge of these paintings.
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 11:40:53 AM »
As far as I am aware, the illustrations (epsecially those done for some 1949 ads) were never released for dealer use.  There were one, mayvbe two copies kept in the vault (some were used in limited run brochures, etc) for possible use.   I've never seen a factory photo of someone's office or a work area where the drawings themselves were displayed.

I have seen a couple of the Paul Rand pieces in color that were used in limited run newspaper ads.  One was for sale on eBay not that long ago with a starting bid asking price of $2,000.00.

R-Sargent

• 51 Kaiser 2dr sedan , 51 Frazer Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 02:10:57 AM »
I have one that hung in the western motors dealership in seattle.  49 Kaiser Vagabond i have a picture of it somewhere and will post it when i find it .