Author Topic: Kaiser/ Henry j prototype  (Read 735 times)

Hotrodjunkman

• View Profile
Kaiser/ Henry j prototype
« on: July 09, 2019, 04:18:03 PM »
Lost prototype found!!!
Howdy club guys, I found this lost henry J which I bought I thought was very cool, after looking at it closely it looks like a prototype car but we cannot find any information on it story comes with it that a pretty well-known henry J Guy had this in his collection he had a parts business and a huge collection of cars , Kia chase this car for 10 years finally was able to buy it him and his wife restored it and when he passed away he gave it to his kids, they did nothing with it but left it outside. In the story in the book with pictures of the car is that it was bought brand new off the Kaiser show room floor and taken somewhere in Indiana to a builder and built into this car, all the craftsmanship on it is pretty top-notch it’s not done by any amateur everything is over the top built all Bodywork is done and Lead you cannot see any welders seems, everything on it looks to be one off custom made tail lights grill etc. this is not some hot rod where they used parts off of another car everything was built specifically for this car, any information anybody has would greatly be appreciated we’re just trying to build a history on it so we can decide whether or not to restore it or go ahead and modify it a little more

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Kaiser/ Henry j prototype
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 08:04:19 PM »
Looks like you have a build done by either a custom builder or a body shop. KF would not have built one like this and it’s doubtful they would have commissioned an outside shop to do it. More than likely a custom build done by an owner or a custom shop for a customer.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 08:08:35 AM »
You have a customized Henry J with no connection to the KF factory.  However, period customizations like your car are interesting to look at and are archival in a sense.  I say it is worth making drivable again and I suspect it would draw a crowd at a car show.
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 08:19:13 AM »
This is not a prototype HJ convertible.  The company had gone far enough to create some assembly drawings (I have the cover page in my flies with the car shown) but did not build any running prototypes.  There were a lot of HJ convertibles made by individuals and even a dealer or two; they were pictured in issues of KAISER-FRAZER DEALER NEWS during 1952 and 1953.