Author Topic: Insurance Company Storm Info  (Read 757 times)

WillysTom1

• View Profile
    • Email
Insurance Company Storm Info
« on: September 01, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »
  Received this email several days ago as Dorian was starting to approach Florida. I was really surprised at their offer- very very nice of them. I have them for my 55 Willys Custom.

ACI
Dear Valued Policyholder,

Reports are indicating that Tropical Storm Dorian may impact your area.

We at American Collectors hope you and your loved ones are staying safe in preparation for this weather event. If you are in an area projected to be impacted by the storm and feel that your garage is not adequate protection for your collector vehicle(s), you should consider moving your collector vehicle (or collectibles collection) to a safer location. If you do, we will reimburse your out-of-pocket expense to cover the cost of a temporary storage facility, gasoline for the trip, or for the towing of your collector car.

To take advantage of this benefit, simply send us the paid receipt(s) from a recognized storage facility/towing service and we will reimburse you up to a maximum of $250 per policy.

In the event of damage to your collector vehicle, please call American Collectors Insurance as soon as possible to report the claim. Our telephone number to report a claim is: 800-360-2277.

We are thinking about you during this time.

Sincerely,
American Collectors Insurance
800-360-2277
AmericanCollectors.com
1955 Willys Custom
Former owner of 1951 Kaiser Deluxe, 1951Henry J, 1955 Willys Bermuda

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Insurance Company Storm Info
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 09:30:18 AM »
Now that is thoughtful.  I have often wondered how many collectibles have been lost due to hurricanes, floods, etc.  I remember the storage fire several years ago that burned many.  Sad

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Insurance Company Storm Info
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 10:42:14 AM »
I work for the third largest auto insurer and we partner with a collector car insurer who covers moving a car to safe storage when named storms approach. If you think about it, this is good business...paying to move a car to safe storage costs the company much less than paying to repair or replace the vehicle in the event of a loss. And, it's great marketing PR as well!