Author Topic: "deluxe" chrome fender script for 51 Kaiser Deluxe  (Read 859 times)

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
"deluxe" chrome fender script for 51 Kaiser Deluxe
« on: January 18, 2020, 05:25:28 PM »
I see on ebay that a seller has a pair of "deluxe" chrome fender scripts available.  The 51 Deluxe I'm buying does not have these (car can be viewed in the introduction thread I started in the General Discussion sub-forum).

Were these scripts standard on the Deluxe for 51, or a special order/dealer add on?

Many thanks!!
51 Kaiser Deluxe

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "deluxe" chrome fender script for 51 Kaiser Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 05:57:31 PM »
The '51 Kaiser Deluxes and Specials had no model designations on the fenders. The only '51 Kaisers that had model designations on the fender were the 'Traveler' (hatchback). In 1952 when they offered the "Viginian" (which was a reserialed left-over '51), the "Deluxe" and the "Manhattan"  they all had model designations on the fenders. All '52 and later Kaisers (except for the '53 Carolina) had model designations on the fender.   
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 06:10:40 PM »
The '51 Kaiser Deluxes and Specials had no model designations on the fenders. The only '51 Kaisers that had model designations on the fender were the 'Traveler' (hatchback). In 1952 when they offered the "Viginian" (which was a reserialed left-over '51), the "Deluxe" and the "Manhattan"  they all had model designations on the fenders. All '52 and later Kaisers (except for the '53 Carolina) had model designations on the fender.

Many thanks Fid!

Once I get my baby home and check the inline fuse on the radio, I'll know if I need to send it to you for refurbishing or not.  :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 01:08:47 PM »

thought you might like to see these:  #32 shows Mechanix Illustrated auto journalist Tom MacCahill with the production prototype 1951 Kaiser Deluxe 2-door sedan in the Experimental Engineering Garage at WIllow Run. 

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 03:41:33 PM »
Huge thanks Jack!  All those pics are awesome.  I have a folder dedicated to everything I can find on these cars.
51 Kaiser Deluxe