Author Topic: Cosmetic and Functional issue with recently purchased 51 Deluxe...  (Read 615 times)

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
So this is a rather minor issue, but I'm not sure how to address it.

The button to depress for opening the passenger's side wing window is missing....a cap?  What is sticking out is a small peg, the interior of the button with no covering cap to make pushing the wing window open button rather pleasant...in fact, it stares at one malevolently...try to push me...pierce your thumb, or at least indent it significantly to even think of opening me...  :D

What will I need to rectify this?

A new wing window handle?  Hopefully not a whole new wing window?  Just the missing cap (and I infer a spring)?

Again...minor issue, but my lovely wife will be riding on that side of the car...and what Mama wants...Mama gets.  :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Cosmetic and Functional issue with recently purchased 51 Deluxe...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 11:59:06 PM »
Yes, the wing window push button is just a small chrome cap. They're knurled to stay on the shaft but over the years many go missing. Replacing the handle is probably going to be easier than finding just the button. You do not need to replace th entire wing window. I might even have an NOS handle.

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cosmetic and Functional issue with recently purchased 51 Deluxe...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 12:22:35 AM »
Yes, the wing window push button is just a small chrome cap. They're knurled to stay on the shaft but over the years many go missing. Replacing the handle is probably going to be easier than finding just the button. You do not need to replace th entire wing window. I might even have an NOS handle.

If you do have an NOS...name your price Joe...Mama shall be happy...it is part of my job description, make Mama happy I mean..  :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 01:06:09 AM by konrad »
51 Kaiser Deluxe