Author Topic: Hello All-Newbie Bruce Here  (Read 715 times)

y2kbruce

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello All-Newbie Bruce Here
« on: February 15, 2020, 02:52:26 PM »
I joined in Dec but due to a quirk just now able to login and comment.

Recent buyer of a 1953 Dragon but my mom had a 1954 Manhattan when I was a kid so sorta a Kaiser old timer.
I live in Moline Illinois retired from John Deere here but still work as a Contract Engineer.

I have emailed the 4 local KF members already as an introduction and hope to get to know more of you.
Have only driven the Dragon a little bit here in my dead end subdivision and it needs some work and to be put on a
lift to check out for any issues but all old cars and me can say the same thing.
I hope to drive it to local events and shows as one of these is seldom seen.

I have already decided my next Kaiser must be a real nice 54 or 55 2 door Manhattan with the supercharger in working condition.
To make room in my garage I had to park my minty 2005 50th anniversary T Bird off to the storage side.

The T bird was my chick magnet and so far the Kaiser has only been noticed by 80 year old guys walking by who say 'Hey I remember those kaisers'

Y2kbruce

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Hello All-Newbie Bruce Here
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 02:56:38 PM »
Good to hear from you and welcome aboard!

Post any questions you may have about your car and the armchair experts here will answer with best of intentions.

Again, welcome!

y2kbruce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 03:03:24 PM »

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 06:31:29 PM »
Hi Bruce!  Welcome...beautiful looking Dragon and I definitely like the two tone color...Jade Tint for the body, not sure which green that is for the top.

I'm another noob here, in 'scansin, up Madison way.  You can see a video of the car I bought in this thread:

http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,12608.0.html

:)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

y2kbruce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 06:43:59 AM »
Nice car Konrad thanks for sharing !