Author Topic: valvoline oil  (Read 814 times)

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
valvoline oil
« on: April 04, 2020, 08:55:01 AM »
Was doing a little studying on oils and was checking out Valvoline VR1  oil but all I see in the stores is 20w-50w . Is this the only weight they make ?

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: valvoline oil
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 09:19:29 AM »
Nope, there's also 30W and 10W30.  Check O'Reilly's online...they have it and can have it sent to your local store, if that store doesn't already have it in stock.
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 07:23:17 AM »
I did check O'Reilly's and 20W-50 was all they had and I went to the Valvoline web site and that is all they showed . I will ask at O'Reilly's what they can get .

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 10:42:41 AM »
NAPA stores also carry the product, in the nearby town of Sumner (which is not a major sized city) their store has all different types.  It is up to the stores as to what they carry.  I did find the 10W30 listed on the website, and the store about 6 miles from where we live had straight weight 30  in their on-line ordering information.   The chain auto parts stores have different store sizes (like A,B,C) and  smaller sized stores may not have the full selection of various products open to them.  The first O'Riley store I visited (about 5 miles from our house) said they could not order it.  The larger store could order it and I received a total of 12 quarts (2 6 quart boxes) in less than 48 hours from order placement with no charge for freight (it came in with the store's next order from distribution). 

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 05:56:00 PM »
Thanks Guys . I should have ask when I was there.