Author Topic: 1951 Kaiser vacuum wipers  (Read 593 times)

bellavistafitz

• View Profile
    • Email
1951 Kaiser vacuum wipers
« on: March 29, 2020, 05:22:41 PM »
I have vacuum wipers in my '51 Kaiser Special 2 door sedan. Does anyone know where I can get a switch with the correct length cable attached? The end of my cable is broken off, so I'm not sure what to look for, nor do I know how long the cable is supposed to be. Also, which of the hose attachments on the wiper motor goes to the Carburetor base, and which to the fuel pump?
I'm stumped! If I can't solve this problem, can I convert to electric wipers, and how difficult a conversion is that?

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: 1951 Kaiser vacuum wipers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 08:20:58 PM »
Facing the wiper motor, the vacuum hose from the intake (or upper end of the fuel pump) attaches to the left side of the motor.  Nothing attaches to the right side, it stays open.

rrdcorvair

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1951 Kaiser vacuum wipers
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 04:15:28 PM »
Hi, we have sent you a message.  We have a switch, 208097.  Years ago we switched a Deluxe from vacuum to electric and so it is do-able but you must change everything out.  The hardest parts to find lately are the wiper chrome pivots as they are different than the vacuum pivots.  The electric switches are getting harder to find also.