Author Topic: Willow Run, the beginning  (Read 643 times)

Bob L.

• View Profile
    • Email
Willow Run, the beginning
« on: April 12, 2020, 06:40:51 PM »
Ran across this movie about the beginning of Willow Run, for B-24 production... even though pre Kaiser/car days, thought worth passing link along....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2zukteYbGQ

Hope you enjoy.

Bob L.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Willow Run, the beginning
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 06:04:43 AM »
I have a copy of the film in my collection of old car stuff.  I got it back in the 1990's when I was a consultant to a company involved in defending GM, Ford and the University of Michigan in the Willow Run Pollution case.  There was big money involved involved here as the company wined and dined Barbara & I on 2 successive weekends when we took two vanloads of factory documents down to Chicago from Madison WI (where we lived at the time) so they could copy things I had.  The idea was to re-create factory operations to see what types of chemicals were used at Kaiser-Frazer and determine who (if anyone) had responsibility for any pollution done at a time when nobody thought about such things and there were no laws on the matter in place.

I was also a consultant to Chrysler Corporation in their successful effort to be removed from this legal proceeding.  At the time I worked with Ms. Capri Pilshaw of Chrysler's legal team.