Author Topic: Paint code for Fram Oil Filter on 1949 Kaiser Special  (Read 638 times)

johny

• View Profile
    • Email
Paint code for Fram Oil Filter on 1949 Kaiser Special
« on: May 19, 2020, 12:22:02 PM »
I called Fram to see if they could provide me with the paint code for the oil filter for my '49 Kaiser Special and they  couldn't.  I figure someone in the club would know or I will just have the paint color matched. Most of you know it is orange.  Appreciate the help. I need the decals for the oil filter and the air cleaner but do not have the order sheet from the Fund.  Who can I contact?  Should know this but sorry to say I don't.

Thank you,

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Paint code for Fram Oil Filter on 1949 Kaiser Special
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 01:25:20 PM »
No surpise on the fram situation.  They've been sold many times and files get lost with each of their various moves since the 1980's.  As for color, I would suggest you contact Chief Judge Randy Rutherford for color information; he has final say on what's correct for color type of orange. 

The manufacturing fund list which includes Fram decal information appears in issues of KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN  usually on the inside back cover. 

1949-1950 model year cars were normally equipped with Purolator replacement element oil filters. 

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 07:48:32 PM »
The paint color most people use is Chevy engine orange on the body and black for the top .

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 03:42:30 AM »
You can also contact Larry Barker on the color.  I just received a Fram from him that he had repainted, and it's a thing of beauty...almost a shame to install it and put dirty old engine oil through it.  :)

At any rate, as was mentioned, orange bottom and black top...I'm guessing he can give you the correct paint code as well.
51 Kaiser Deluxe