Author Topic: Display board for your old car - Kaiser-Frazer, Willys or ??????  (Read 984 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Here's a quick project for those who want something easy to use, not that expensive, and can help you display your old car, truck or motorcycle.  Barbara created this so we could showcase the history of the Henry J with actual factory documents and related stuff of interest.

She worked out hinging and locking means with a pair of 2 x 3 foot frames (the white part is made of wood) you can get at a Michael's. Jo-Anne or other arts and crafts places.  Two small hinges are at the top to hold the two pieces together and allow them to "close" flat for transport & storage.  The eyelet and hook are used to hold the frames in position like a sandwich board.  If you watch for sales, the construction cost  can be under $60.00 when the frames are on sale.

The selected pieces of factory materials were scanned at the print department of our local Office Depot and smaller pages were matted for a better look.  I included the HJ patch, the actual dealer tag from one of the Seattle WA area K-F dealers (in operation in 1952) and the Topps trading card that featured a 1952 Henry J Corsair.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Display board for your old car - Kaiser-Frazer, Willys or ??????
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 07:22:17 PM »
Nice job on that. It's unfortunate that we have no shows to bring our cars to.
I got my '53 Blue J out today.  What a sweet little car!  Sorry corsairdeluxe, it won't be for sale in the near future.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 01:49:22 PM »
What a nice job, most people want to look at their pace and won't talk unless talked to, at least that is how it is in Southern California.     I will need to make one on my Darrin in the soon to be future.

Quite the difference from where I grew up, in the Chicago area.  People there will talk your head off at any time.  I like going to garage sales when I visit there, you meet the nicest people!!
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 03:00:53 PM »
My experience with K-F cars over the last 45 years indicates that out of every 100 people walking by the car, only about 10 or so will actually ask about it.  I found that some kind of historical display to show off features of the car, history of the vehicle type and so on will catch people's attention and get them thinking.  The "tire kickers" will just walk-on.  The somewhat interested (that 10 out of 100 people) will ask and of them 5 or 6 at most will start talking serious and from that group 1 or 2 will be what I would call "serious prospects" for being a member of the club and a car owner once their concerns about ownership are discussed.

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 06:24:23 PM »
I have found that the more things that catch peoples eye and brings them in, the better chance you have to explain the car when they finally "see" it.   I have included pictures of my car with all the "STUFF" around it.
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

j762538

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 09:36:02 AM »
Yeh, the Travelers can carry a lot. I miss that one's power steering.
51 Kaiser Deluxe Traveler 2 door
54 Kaiser Early Special 4 door