Author Topic: Eagle/Bermuda Hardtop Quarter Window Lip Seals  (Read 1363 times)

jneely

• View Profile
    • Email
Eagle/Bermuda Hardtop Quarter Window Lip Seals
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:58:10 PM »
I just scored a NOS set of hardtop sedan rear quarter window lip seals, part number 678267 and 678268. They go in the front edge of the rear window frames and seal against the front door glass.

I was surprised, though, when the parts I received were different than what is my car. The NOS service parts are covered in cloth. It looks to be glued on, although one is starting to separate. I don't think it's any kind of packaging or protector.

The windows from my car have just plan rubber, and I can't see any remnants of cloth in the mounting area, indicative that it had at least been there at one time. Perhaps this is a running change? Does anyone with a '54 or '55 hardtop have cloth cover rubber lip seals?

I thought I would inquire here. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
LM16094
Willys Aero-Eagles
And a few old Fords

Thomasso

• MSN Messenger - walund41@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Eagle/Bermuda Hardtop Quarter Window Lip Seals
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:46:41 PM »
Pretty much all of the hardtop 1/4 window front seals of the era were cloth covered.  Most replacements don't come that way.  The ones I got for my 57 Ford from Macs came covered, think they were actually Dennis Carpenter.  I've seen posts on 57 Ford International forum of people actually recovering them.  Anyhow check 52 thru 54  Ford ones,  I think they are the same as the Willys.  The weather strips on my 55 Bermuda are cloth covered.  Tom.
- 55 Willys Bermuda - 57 Ford E-CODE Sunliner - 63 Riveria - 97 Chev K10 - 99 Ford Lightening - 04 jag VDP - 1998 Jag XK8. 07 Lincoln - 08 Taurus X. All old like me.

vettelang

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Eagle/Bermuda Hardtop Quarter Window Lip Seals
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 05:38:32 PM »
Just for the record my 54 Eagle Custom had cloth covered seals, I assume it is to help the glass glide by. Modern rubber has some additive to make it slicker.