Author Topic: Larry Smith #238 - Hospice  (Read 2080 times)

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
Larry Smith #238 - Hospice
« on: September 13, 2020, 08:29:41 PM »
We were just informed that Larry Smith #238, a member since July 1966 and long-time KF parts vendor, was admitted to hospice today following a 5 year battle with cancer. He will be spending his remaining time with family and friends, who have asked for your thoughts and prayers for him. 

You can send notes or cards to him c/o Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House, 2546 Tech Drive, Room 109, Bettendorf IA 52722.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Larry Smith #238 - Hospice
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 06:00:38 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear this news.  Larry and I had many discussions about parts, and I knew from a conversation a couple of years ago that he was facing a tough medical situation.  I'm praying for him to have the best quality of life possible at this time moving forward.  It seems my friends are leaving us, but none of us gets a pass.  God bless Larry and his family, and hopefully he will find a good way forward.  I love you Larry!

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 07:49:39 PM »
Larry Smith has passed away.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 09:50:27 PM »
Sad to Hear this... Prayers to The Family...
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

Doc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 12:30:57 PM »
Sorry to hear this. Prayers to the family and friends. Last time I saw Larry was probably 1994 at the KFOCI meet in Nashville, Tennessee where her drove his '54 Kaiser convertible.  The hood ornament on my '54 Kaiser Manhattan I acquired from Larry.
'54 Manhattan
'54 Late Special
'51 Frazer sedan

morgan6344

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »
Prayers for Larry and family. May God grant him peace.

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 04:03:32 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this.  Larry and I had a number of conversations over the last several months and I found a great respect for him...his knowledge about these cars, and views on life.

I spoke with him last week...warrior that he was, he still answered his phone though he could only speak in a whisper.

I had sent him a check a month or so ago for some parts, but he took a turn downhill before he was able to ship them.  Friends of his came to the rescue as far as helping him, but I spoke with him on the phone just about every week for the last 2 months or so.  My wife and I had been planning to take a trip down to see him...I would have dearly loved to see his 2 door Dragon, walk through his parts collection with him, listen to every story he had...and eventually write him a big check for parts to take home.  Regretfully, we were unable to do so based on his rapid decline...I so wish we had planned this trip earlier in the summer.

I did not really know Larry, but from our conversations on the phone I knew he was a man I would have cherished as a friend, had circumstances been different...and I do consider we became friends over the last few months...

RIP my friend.
51 Kaiser Deluxe

Mike Richards

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 07:23:44 PM »
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for his Family and Friends. Talked to him a few times and bought some parts from him, he seemed a very nice man.

Midwestradios

• View Profile
    • the Midwest Radio Museum
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 07:39:26 PM »
Talked to Larry a few months ago and he seemed fine, didn't mention being ill. Very sorry to hear he passed. I've known him since 1971.
I feel like a vulture but does anyone have information as to his estate? He had a bunch of parts and several cars.
Mike Simpson #1339

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 04:52:24 AM »
From right here in Iowa.  Would have been nice to know him and visit.
No old cars owned.