Author Topic: Trunk latch nuts for 48 kaiser ????  (Read 670 times)

brian.b

• View Profile
    • Email
Trunk latch nuts for 48 kaiser ????
« on: November 07, 2020, 05:27:41 PM »
Hey guys can anyone tell me what kind of nut fits the trunk handle on a 48 kaiser I took mine off and now cant find them and nothing at tractor supply will fit ...I thought it would be a plain machine screw thread but I can't find anything.....thanks ...
whatever you do in life,always give 100%.unless your're donating blood.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Trunk latch nuts for 48 kaiser ????
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 07:00:39 PM »
In the illstrated parts book, which figure # (and on what page) shows the type of handle you are working with.  There were trigger or swivel types, and the small parts are not interchangable.

I trust before you started on the car, you already had the 1947-48 Illustrated Parts book and the 1947-49 model year blue cover factory shop manual as helps on this.

brian.b

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 08:10:59 PM »
It's the swivel type handle ,,,,and no I don't have a book I was just trying to see if anyone knew what size they are ......do you know what size bolts fit the handle
whatever you do in life,always give 100%.unless your're donating blood.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 09:50:45 PM »
If it's a '48 it will have swivel  handle. Only the early '47s had the squeeze type. I don't see any nuts listed in the parts book. I do see the studs listed for the trunk lever and it says the thread size is 10 - 24  if that helps.  I'm guessing the nuts go on those studs.

The pictures are on circlekf.com

https://circlekf.com/sourceslider.php?sid=162845&dp=parts&yr=all&mk=all&mg=all&cls=all&typ=PM&FormID=none&FormCRTDT=none&L1=0&L2=0&L3=0&typ=PM&pub=all&srcpub=KF&nbr=240&modID=none&updID=all&usrID=&evtID=all&glID=all&srcID=641&camefrom=&action=go&pag=191&NEXT=GO+FastPath
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios