Author Topic: Hardtop door glass  (Read 1218 times)

vettelang

• View Profile
    • Email
Hardtop door glass
« on: September 17, 2020, 11:35:26 AM »
In putting in my driver side weatherstripping I managed to crack the door glass. I am looking for the easy eye tinted glass for a 54 hardtop. Anyone have a source. Thanks for the help.

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hardtop door glass
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 12:24:55 PM »
A regular poster on this forum, "jneely", is parting out some cars & I know he had at least one piece of E-Z-Eye that he photographed the logo for me.
You might try Aeroman here too, he might have something from cars he's parted out.
If either one doesn't have extras you can order tempered or laminate flat glass from https://www.sandersreproglass.com/tinting/ in Solex tint which is the same tint as E-Z-Eye. I ordered a glass sample from them to compare to an NOS E-Z-Eye windshield and it's a match.
A bonus if you have to order one is that Sanders has an E-Z-Eye template and will etch that into the glass for $15 extra per piece.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

vettelang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 02:43:55 PM »
Thanks for the leads.

RT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 09:18:17 PM »
Back in those days the side windows were laminated safety glass.  You can go to any glass shop and they can cut one for you.  They can show you examples of various tints.  If you wanted to have tempered glass, they can also cut that for you and send it out to be tempered.  As for the logo, I'm sure they can provide the glass without any and you could find someone to etch what you want.  That would be a little more trouble but it depends on how accurate you feel you need to be.
1953 Willys Aero Eagle
1963 Studebaker Avanti
1999 Replica Lamborghini  Diablo (Made it myself)
1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
2014 GMC Denali crew cab
2008 Kubota B7800 tractor
2001 Damon Daybreak Motorhome