Author Topic: 1953 Kaiser Dragon for sale  (Read 2173 times)

jmxkf1

• View Profile
    • Email
1953 Kaiser Dragon for sale
« on: March 29, 2021, 07:12:04 PM »
1953 Kaiser Dragon;   This is one of only 1277 produced.  Anodized gold plating for the fender script, hood and trunk “V” chrome parts, hood ornament and deck lid “Kaiser” script. It has power steering, automatic trans, vinyl top(extra vinyl roll included), extra sound insulation was standard, windshield washers and included a fader for the radio. The seats have bamboo vinyl and are topped with a designer Laguna fabric. The paint and chrome are excellent and it runs good. It's a beautiful car.  Best Offer.  Jim 707/2173374
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 05:20:39 PM by jmxkf1 »

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1953 Kaiser Dragon for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 10:39:18 AM »
later production Dragons had power steering available as a no charge accessory.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 10:56:21 AM »
Is Your Vinyl Top Bambu Vinyl ? It’s hard to see in Your Picture . Body Paint & Interior Looks Great .

Gold Trim is Gold Plating & Should have Clear coat Lacquer. Gold should look Like Chrome & looks good in the Pictures.
Anodized Gold is like the V on Chevy Vehicles.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 10:58:33 AM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

jmxkf1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 12:49:48 PM »
Hi,   The vinyl top is not bamboo.  There is a roll of beige bamboo vinyl which is included with the car.  This will need to be stained black. 

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 09:56:53 AM »
First off, beautiful car!!!

Two questions though...

One, what range price are you hoping to get for it?  I know you've said "best offer", but what is the range of offer you're hoping for, regardless if someone is willing to pay that much or not?

Two, where is the car located?  Makes a difference in calculating shipping/transportation costs.  :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

jmxkf1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 05:14:55 PM »
Hi,
I'm in Cotati which is in Sonoma County  94931.  Yes the car is beautiful and I'm hoping to get as much as I can.  I just completed a restoration and had to pay $$ for the service.  The engine sounds smooth and powerful.  It was rebuilt by a club member who knows Kaisers. 
However, I'm noticing what sounds like valve taps after the engine has been driven a while.  The oil pressure is still high and it's running cool but I think the buyer should be aware.   If you're interested, give me a call at 707/2173374 or send me a note.  Jim

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 09:48:59 AM »
Thanks Jim...I certainly understand about getting whatever you can for it, also that restoration these days costs an arm and two legs.  While I'd love to buy it, I don't have the wherewithal,  however my son's father-in-law expressed a great interest in my 51 Deluxe and potentially getting a Kaiser, so I'll pass the info on this car on to him.  Not sure he'll bite, but won't know till I try.  :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 11:51:49 AM »
It is normal for a seller to want to get top dollar for his/her car no matter what the car is, and the Dragon is indeed a special case.  The last one that I know of that changed hands at auction was in 2020.  The LeMay family bought the stardust ivory/black bambu vinyl top car offered by a club member out of Arizona and it sold for about $4,000 under the pre-auction estimate (which didn't seem out of line considering what it would cost for a restoration).  I have not only seen it, after it arrived at Marymount (there are two LeMay museums in the Tacoma WA area; Marymount near Joint Base Louis-McCord is where the Dragon went) I got to drive it a bit in the main building for the museum (there are 3 buildings full of cars on the grounds).

jmxkf1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 02:13:39 PM »
Thanks to all!