Author Topic: henry j engine paint color  (Read 3911 times)

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
henry j engine paint color
« on: June 06, 2010, 05:17:10 PM »
HI
 I have a true 52 HJ with six cylinder that is blue .I know the accepted color is green . I have looked closely at the engine in all areas and do not see any green . Several times at conventions i have heard discussions about some engines coming from the factory with blue paint . Could this be right ? I am going to pull the engine after we get back from the Nationals to install a new clutch and do a good clean up of the engine compartment . I am not a "Trophy Hound " so i don't care if the color is not up to judging standards but would rather have the color as it came from the factory . It would make me happier and create good conversations in the parking lot about how DUMB i am or if it was the right color . Any thoughts or info you have would be appreciated .

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: henry j engine paint color
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:51:07 PM »
For many years, one could buy a rebuilt engine thru the Sears catalog...they were blue. Maybe you have one of those in your car. What color is the transmission? I'll bet that it's green.

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »
The tranny had no color on it but could have been changed over the years . I changed it to a overdrive some years back . Thanks for the info . Is this Jim ?
Michael Wilson

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 09:54:03 PM »
Mike: Does the engine have a KF engine ID plate? If it is missing, that would support the the idea that the engine was rebuilt by a factory.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
The engine has a Kaiser ID plate on it .Not a rebuilder plate . I wish i had ask you and the Johnsons about it when you were here last August .

Bob W

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 07:59:43 PM »
For many years, one could buy a rebuilt engine thru the Sears catalog...

Anyone have an old Sears catalog with replacement Henry J engines listed? Was it a special edition?

Thanks,

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 09:59:32 PM »
I have 1958, 59 and 60 Sears automotive catalogs and all three list rebuilt engines for both the HJ and big Kaisers. The 134, 161 and 226 engines were all available thru any Sears auto center and prices for a short block started at 99 bucks. Try finding a deal like that today!!

Bob W

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 05:10:55 AM »
Any chance you could post the page(s) that has 134 engines for sale?

Thanks,