Author Topic: Sales price of '51 Frazer at Mecum Houston auction on 4/09/2021?  (Read 1830 times)

johny

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone know what price the 1951 Frazer Manhattan convertible sold for at the Mecum Auction in Houston on 4/09/2021?

eaglerock75

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sales price of '51 Frazer at Mecum Houston auction on 4/09/2021?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 11:26:21 AM »
It sold for $35,000, not including tax or the 10-12% buyer commission.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 10:20:52 PM »
At last year's Mecum Auction in Arizona, the LeMay family (they have the big old car museum south of downtown Tacoma on the grounds of the old Marymount Military Academy) bought an excellent 1953 Kaiser Dragon for about 7-10 thousand under pre-auction estimates.  This time around I would say it could have sold for around 20,000 dollars below pre-auction estimates.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 11:09:14 AM »
I have Always Said You can Do Great at a Auction ,  Good Turnout, just 2-3 that Wants Your Vehicle...
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 11:33:47 AM »
The problem with pre-auction estimates for Kaiser-Frazer stuff is that the majority of sales (what small number they are) go between club members and either friends or people the seller trusts will give their cars a good home.  I have to say that Barbara and I fit both of these conditions when we got our 1952 Henry J (currently in the old car hospital getting a tune-up, annual oil change and brake inspection; could be done some time next week).  We hope we've done the executor for the estate proud in terms of attending local and area car shows as well as keeping the car in good order. 

The auction houses charged for selling a K-F product (Jeeps and Willys Wagons or trucks go a different route) rely on information from owners on ownership history, equipment and other things that they don't know themselves.  The interested parties at the auction (I presume) did their homework properly and can tell what's what to decide what to bid to.   These days there are deals to be had at the major auctions on cars other than muscle cars and exotic types.

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 11:13:50 PM »
The problem with pre-auction estimates for Kaiser-Frazer stuff is that the majority of sales (what small number they are) go between club members and either friends or people the seller trusts will give their cars a good home.  I have to say that Barbara and I fit both of these conditions when we got our 1952 Henry J (currently in the old car hospital getting a tune-up, annual oil change and brake inspection; could be done some time next week).  We hope we've done the executor for the estate proud in terms of attending local and area car shows as well as keeping the car in good order. 

The auction houses charged for selling a K-F product (Jeeps and Willys Wagons or trucks go a different route) rely on information from owners on ownership history, equipment and other things that they don't know themselves.  The interested parties at the auction (I presume) did their homework properly and can tell what's what to decide what to bid to.   These days there are deals to be had at the major auctions on cars other than muscle cars and exotic types.

You're not kidding. Just look at this example :

http://www.classiccarweekly.net/2020/01/06/1949-kaiser-deluxe-vagabond/

From the description:

"While the DeLuxe Vagabond might sound like a stylish hobo, this car is one of Kaiser-Frazer’s best pieces of work. It should sell for between $20,000-$30,000. Click here for more info and here for more from this sale.

Update: Sold $10,080."

- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1955 Packard Clipper Custom