Author Topic: Kaiser Frazer razor blades  (Read 1034 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kaiser Frazer razor blades
« on: November 12, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »
You may have seen the eBay offering for these unusual KF advertising items.  I received my order today and they are ten double edged razor blades with actual advertising on the blades.  They say 'K-F". NEW ECONOMY MODEL apparently referring to the new yet unnamed Henry J.  The label says Americas lowest priced BIG NEW ECONOMY MODEL Now at your Kaiser Frazer dealers everywhere.  TEST DRIVE IT TODAY.  These do not have any dealer advertising and apparently were offered by Kaiser Frazer.  I've not seen these offered anywhere in K-F. Literature.  They come in a white plastic container with cellophane cover.  Does anyone know anything about them?
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Frazer razor blades
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 06:22:49 AM »
This was a sample of an advertising specialty item in its "Kaiser-Frazer" version.  There should be something in the package that states this is a sample and identifies the source dealers could order from, just like the generic matchbooks, pens, etc.  Kaiser-Frazer itself never offered the item to dealers, at least as far as I know.  Different pieces could be used for different makes instead of the K-F sample.  This was rolled out in early 1950 so did not identify the Henry J by name.

There were all kinds of items dealers could get (I even have a shoe brush from the K-F distributor in Milwaukee WI) from the various outside sources, ranging from the razors to leather key holders from the Amsterdam Company in Amsterdam NY (I have one of their samples)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Frazer razor blades
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:01:01 PM »
K-F offered many advertising items through the Dealer's Sales Aid Catalog's but most offer a dealers imprint if desired by the dealer.  Kalacloths, lighters and pencils were a few items offered without dealers imprint but there weren't many. Companies like Amsterdam and Dealers Supply offered a lot of items to the dealers as well as the KF Corp and other manufacturers.   Collecting them is fun.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom