Author Topic: Best In Show!!  (Read 680 times)

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
Best In Show!!
« on: September 26, 2021, 07:20:22 PM »
I just returned from the Laguna Beach Annual Classic Car Show.  Laguna Beach is located in Southern California on the ocean and is kind of an artsy community.  The car show was held two blocks inland from the beach.  I was pleasantly surprised to find I would not be the only Kaiser in attendance as is usual for me!!   

Eric Johnson had his 1953 Kaiser Dragon which had a Supercharger, Power Steering and an under hood light.

Gary Cochrane came with his modified 1953 Kaiser Manhattan, which received a best in class award!!

Both Kaisers garnered much attention as well as my Darrin did.

I was there with my Darrin and thought I would receive the popular vote as so many people voted for me (they filled them out in front of me because you had to put the owners name down) , how ever, I received Best in Show.   Most of the people running this show came by to ogle the car and appreciate the subtle elegance of Dutch Darrin's design.

I also pointed out to any who would listen that the 1953 Manhattan had won 8 beauty awards around the world (thanks to Dutch Darrin again)  and was considered the most beautiful 1953 car.  I have two ads specifically mentioning that fact. 

What a fun car show!!
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

j762538

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best In Show!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 07:53:00 PM »
Congratulations to all! I used to be the only Kaiser at the S Cal shows.
51 Kaiser Deluxe Traveler 2 door
54 Kaiser Early Special 4 door

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best In Show!!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 08:38:57 PM »
The Dragon at this event used to be owned by Larry Smith who added the various features (and more) listed.