Author Topic: adding a 54 supecharger to a 53  (Read 4303 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: adding a 54 supecharger to a 53
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 05:14:41 AM »
The rear wiper kit rolled out during the 1951 model year.  It was the same Trico package that was supplied to Hudson, Pontiac and other car companies; only packaging and installation instruction sheets differed, as far as I can find out.

I installed one on the 1952 deLuxe I had and it worked rather well, actually but one of the hoses kept coming loose owing to age and lack of clamps (not in the kit).  There is a "T" fitting to suck vacuum in cases where you had the double stage pump and a line that fitted into the mainfold for those with electrics. 

Yes, I do have the instruction sheet...it is 1951 printing but works for all years Kaiser.

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 06:30:06 AM »
As far as the instructions, I'd love to get a copy, either electronic or a photocopy. If you could send me a message .... I'm at   jimbartley  at  canada  dot com. Thanks!
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

kndllmtt

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - kndllmtt
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
I think the supercharger would be a great way to boost both the appearance and performance of a 53, but since Kaiser didn't put a supercharger in their cars until 54, it wouldn't be a clone so I wouldn't worry about trying to make it 100% OE, I would go through and put a little 21 century know-how in it, tastfully hidden, of course. ;D
With that said I do have a few unconventional ideas that might solve some problems...
1. As far as the fuel pump is concerned, I bet you could mount an inline electric pump/filter along with some careful application of paint you could get it to look like a fuel filter and I'd bet it would fool 85% of the people out there.
2. I'd bet you could route some exhaust tubing from the supercharger inlet to a spot in front of the radiator, (maybe even behind the headlights) that you could mount your K&N too and get some nice cold air to the supercharger, And if you picked up couplers that looked period correct and painted everything, you could fool quite a few people.
3. If you plan on rebuilding the motor, I bet you could put some hardened seats and valves in that would make the motor handle boost better.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
-Matt