Author Topic: '53 Deluxe 2 door  (Read 1666 times)

ken53Deluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
'53 Deluxe 2 door
« on: September 07, 2010, 06:51:25 AM »
I recently started on my 53 after it had been setting for 18 years. I do need a few odds and ends-2 half moon hubcaps, one exterior lock for passenger side, gear shift knob, chrome rings around headlights. Please let me know if anyone can help or direct me to someone. Thanks, Ken

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: '53 Deluxe 2 door
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:48:22 AM »
Hi,

A few things to help in your search...

1.  1953 Kaisers never had HALF MOON hubcaps.  The 1953 Deluxe was factory equipped with a hub cap with the Black K emblem like the big wheel discs.  Also, you may be interested in knowing that according to the 1952-53 Kaiser parts supplement to the 1951 Kaiser book, the larger Manhattan-style discs were a dealer installed accessory or could be factory installed at extra cost if you were picking up your new 1953 Kaiser deluxe at the factory delivery center.  Half Moon caps were used only on 1947-48 model year cars.

2.  By "exterior lock" do you mean the door handle or the actual latch mechanism?  Do you also need the rest of the locking assembly in either case?

3.  The trim rings around the headlight are stainless.  According to a memo on the doors, you need to know which of the 3 types of rings you need (or can use) because each type has a different type of mounting. 

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: '53 Deluxe 2 door
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »
Here are two 53 K Deluxes. 

One with full hubcaps and one with a smaller cap with the K in the center ... Is this what you are calling a half moon cap.

The headlight rings are both the same.  And both potmetal like those on a Manhattan.  Is this incorrect.  I believe the Carolina in 53 had stainless headlight rings so I wonder what is correct on the deluxe.  How many mounting screws are on your deluxe?

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:28:52 PM by pnw_oldmags »
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com