Author Topic: Need a windshield and gasket - want to put a 1 piece windshield in my 51  (Read 3788 times)

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
Hiya Guys,

I want to put a 1 piece windshield in my 51, I am assuming it will fit - if not, please let me know.

Anyone know where I can get a windshiled and a gasket ?? Also need a gasket for the back glass.

ALSO - I have a nice pair of Kaiser 51 front fenders for sale or trade. I didn't use them because I put a 54 nose on my car.

Thanks !
John

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where abouts are you located?  I have a good used non-tinted 1 piece windshield down at the house in Cave City.  Next project is slated to be a HJ or Willys Wagon & I no longer have the '52 that I kept it as spare for.    Cave City KY is about half-way between Louisville and Nashville on I-65.  Price would be FOB Cave City (you pick it up).  Let me know if you are itnerested and I will quote you a price.

Jack Mueller
Club Historian

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
As far as rubber pieces, you should try Rudy's KF Parts in Ramona, California, (Rudy Phillips, rudyskfparts@sbcglobal.net, 1.760.789.3608)  Offhand, I cannot remember if the KFOCI Manufacturing Fund has this part; if not, Rudy probably does.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
John are you in the Kaiser Frazer Owners Club?  If not, we'd sure like you to join.

I believe the Manufacturing Fund has the windshields.  Ditto on Rudy Phillips for the gaskets. 

Mike
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yes, one of the BEST reasons to join KFOCI >>in particular<< among various marques car clubs, is that the Manufacturing Fund exists and has repro'd some important unobtanium pieces. I mean, besides the cameradarie, magazines, and the Handbook and so forth. What SASCO/SI/SASCOSI? is to Studebaker, the MF is to Kaiser Frazer albeit smaller in scope--but just as important.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Because she is editor of the Monthly Bulletin, Barbara is in contact from time to time with Adam Harder on items in the fund (passes on inquiries, asks about ad updates, etc).  If there are any windshields available, they may only be tinted ones, but I am not sure.

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks everyone, I got in touch with Rudy and he has the rubber gaskets.... and although I'm not really a "joiner", I am going to join the club today and donate to the manufacturing fund and pursue the windshield. I am an automation engineer for a family of manufacturing companies, I may even consider making some items (plastic, rubber, and wiring) if there is enough calling for it. My Kaiser is hot rodded, but I am toying with the idea of restoring one if I find the right candidate.

Jack - thanks for the reply, I am in VERY south Florida. Don't think I could get away from work long enough to pick up the glass in cave city.

Anyone going to the Daytona Turkey Run ?? I don't think my Kaiser will make it, but I will.

JD

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm back, and now I'm a member (I feel better already) !

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
Still in need of a windshield. Anyone know where I can get one ??  I have read that the club had them available (I have joined, but have not recieved any info yet). I am trying to get the car assembled enough to make it to the Turkey Run !

Thanks,
JD

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
JD - I just looked at an issue of the monthly news bulletin. It shows 51-55 Kaiser windshields, clear, tinted or tinted and shaded, including crating (shipped motor freight- collect) at $375.00. I'm not sure of any price increases, or any other changes, but contact them at (262)391-7919 or the54darrinkid@hotmail.com or KFOCI Manufacturing Fund, 28522 Sus*** Road, Hartland, WI 53029. I wish I could make the Turkey Run, I had a restoration shop in Port St. Lucie in the  80's and miss Florida, a lot!! Now, I'm stuck back in Syracuse, NY.

Gary, aka darrin 145

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need a windshield and gasket - want to put a 1 piece windshield in my 51
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 08:30:46 AM »
Thanks Gary, I'll give them a shout. I moved down here from Delaware, but always made the Turkey Run - What used to be a quest in a streetrod is now just a few hours drive !!!!  I think I'm here to stay - I've had enough of winter !