Author Topic: kfclub membership????  (Read 8951 times)

fathersondream

• View Profile
kfclub membership????
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:46:44 PM »
Been 34 days since i joined the club with no sign of membership package.Is this normal?Thanx

kaiserkid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: kfclub membership????
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:56:15 PM »
Yep. Almost two months for me.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 01:19:58 AM »
Well, that's not good.  Guys, is this normal?  Hopefuly you will get your materials soon.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 01:36:59 AM »
Please refer any questions about lag time in membership or new member packets directly to the Membership person.   Deborah Wilson, 334-636-5873, email address membership@kfclub.com.  The editors of the Monthly Bulletin or Quarterly have NO, repeat NO involvement is problems with not getting publications, new membership situations, etc. 

Please take special note that the Bulletin Editor HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RENEWALS!  We keep getting them & can do nothing with them. 

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:40:34 AM »
ALL INQUIRIES PERTAINING TO CLUB PUBLICATIONS ARE TO BE REFERRED TO THE CLUB SECRETARY!! He can be reached at kfoci@hotmail.com.

Please note that there may be a slight delay as he recently experienced a death in his immediate family and obviously has other things on his mind right now.

Thanks!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »
I thought the Membership Secretary handled new member stuff...that's why the position was supposed to have been created.   

Maybe space should be used in club publications by the club officers to explain who does what.  Barbara gets people complaining about things from 'I sent my renewal in a year ago & don't have any bulletins, etc'  to 'enclosed is my renewal check'.  We also get calls about people not getting their membership materials or publications.  That's why she started the separate box in the Monthly Bulletin to tell people not to send or call her.  Still they do it.

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 07:27:53 PM »
Jack: I fully understand! The Club tries to be clear about where inquiries go, but people use the address they have at hand. Adding a Membership Secretary was expected by most to add confusion concerning who to contact.
Miss Charlotte was working on a statement of what functions Club officers were responsible when I was VP. I had to say the VP was called upon at the National whenever a responsible life form was needed. This included parking lot monitor, judging non-automotive events, and telling Adam Harder not to do burn-outs in the parking lot. 
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

fathersondream

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 07:46:57 PM »
was just wondering.thanx

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »
HI
 AS the husband of the membership manager i can tell you Deb is very diligent about getting her end SQUARED AWAY . She is on the computer every couple of nights taking care of business .
  THe list of responsibilities of officers has been listed in the Monthly but i quess people only look at their favorite sections , not the whole thing . Also , i know for a fact  , our Postal service loses things .
I am confident that our officers , all volunteers , do the best they can to keep a very large club operating as smoothly as possible . If you can keep everything operating smoothly , you should volunteer to do the job . The club always has trouble finding people to do these jobs .
  There are things that are out of anyone's control such as being out of town or family difficulties . I see a lot of complaining on the forum about differant things going on in the club and i don't think the forum is the place for it . Get on the phone to the person who may be able to correct it or get you going in the right direction with a problem .
The forum , in my opinion should be for advice or help for our cars
 I have been reading all the fussing discussions and just got tired of it so i am getting this off my chest .
Thanks for letting me VENT .

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 07:01:15 PM »
And the Membership Manager makes a great Sunday Breakfast!
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1963 Kaiser FC170

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »
In what issues (and their page numbers) of the MONTHLY BULLETIN are the duties of the various officers (not name, phone number, title and email) listed?  I haven't seen any listing of this information and going back over past bulletin issues I cannot find anything.

I know that some people are swamped from time to time due to situations on the home or work fronts (I'm in the same boat) and know that people are doing the best that they can.  I am also aware that some people volunteered for positions over the years based on incorrect information given them as to how much time the job will require, etc...if they knew the real situation they probably would not have offered.

It is my belief that people with complaints or questions list in the forum because either they do not know who to go to (duty wise), are told by the person they go to that "I have nothing to do with that" (Barbara gets several calls/emails/letters each week asking or comlaining about things not related to the Monthly Bulletin) or get no reaction at all.  I would expect that one or more of the club officers would follow up on postings to see what the actual situation with the member is.  I can tell you from first hand experience that I have put questions out there, know that club officers have seen the questions and I never get a reply.  This is a two way customer service street, especially if one doesn't know who to contact or they get no reply to their inquiry.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »
As I recall the officier responsibilities were outlined in the KFOCI Bylaws.  I will try and dig a copy up tonight.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »
Ther is NOTHING in the bylaws about a "membership manager" unless the bylaws have been revised. I have not been a part of management for some time so I don't know how this position was created.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

vettelang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »
As a relatively new member I would like to comment here. What should a new member receive? I have been since January 2010 and I have been receiving Bulletins (by mail, not electronically). I received the 2010 Volume 12 Quarterly, but did not make the roster listing. I have no knowledge of and have never received an "introduction packet", by-laws, judging, etc.....

Member 10066

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 07:37:18 PM »
vettelang - Once upon a time if you want a judging sheet, you had to go to a National, have your car judged, and hang around until after the awards presentation to receive the filled out sheet for your car. Some years ago we ran a copy of the judging sheet in the Quarterly BUT it wasn't the current form and it wasn't on colored paper. It did give a member an idea of what the judges would be looking for though, and that was the purpose. You could ask someone who has had their car judged lately to make you a copy.   
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1963 Kaiser FC170