Author Topic: IMCDb Internet Movie Car Database  (Read 21549 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: IMCDb Internet Movie Car Database
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 06:59:56 AM »
Stan "King" Kaiser was the star of the fictional series COMEDY CAVELCADE on NBC Television in the movie MY FAVORITE YEAR.  As far as I can determine the 1951 Kaiser Front clip and Windshield that appears in a couple spots during the movie was an original owned by a California company that specializes in buying up old props from movie studios that either shut down or dump the old junk that they have. 

It is also ironic that a Frazer should be used in an episode of MASH.  According to an article in KAISER-FRAZER DEALER NEWS (with pictures) there was a 1947 or 1948 Frazer in Korea, owned by an American officer.  In an early 1970's issue of the QUARTERLY there was a captioned wirephoto "from the front lines in Korea" showing a shot up 1947 or 1948 Frazer in a ditch.  The caption indicated the car was found by advancing United Nations forces as shown.  Same car?  Don't know.

Movie night at the 2010 Fall Meet later this month in Ohio features a 1951 HJ and a 1951 Kaiser Dragon as stars of STEEL TOWN in the "Previews of Coming Attractions" department.  Our feature film is the 1954 release of JOHNNY DARK shot in part at the Willys plant in Toledo and at the Packard proving grounds in Utica.  Oh yes, the automobiles produced by the fictional Fielding Motors are 1953  Aero Willys sedans and hardtops with a different front grille insert and "Fielding" rather than "Willys" script.

Jeri Conklin

• 1949/1950 Frazer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »
The episode of Mash was titled "In Love and War" (1977) when Hawkeye falls in love with a Korean woman and it was the Korean woman that had the Frazer. Pretty much you just see the front and the side of the Frazer.

So interesting that they brought that fact in. So maybe it was the other guy that fell in love with the Korean woman...

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »
I have to admit that the episode of M*A*S*H that you refer to was in a period when I despised the show for its preaching /Alan Alda is so cool writing* and it was before I was into KF products.  So how was a Korean woman able to get a enough money to buy a Frazer? 
* I read the book and drove 50 miles to see the Robert Altman film because it was not shown in my home town. 
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 07:54:48 PM »
If I remember correctly she was some sort of Korean nobility. I think they called her baroness or countess.
KFOCI #9798

Jeri Conklin

• 1949/1950 Frazer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »
Well I recorded it so I will go back and watch it, but I believe you are correct that she was in a position of having money. I believe she was educated outside of Korea and came back to take care of her parents during the war. I'll see if I can take a picture of it as it is playing and attach it.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
I remember seeing "The Doors" movie  around 1991 or so.  I remember recognizing that Frazer dashboard right away at the begining of the movie. Didn't care for the movie and I was never a fan of the Doors.  Also it's blatantly Oliver Stone. I like to call a lot of what Stone does "Shockumentary" as that's often what he goes for. Kind of off topic but I have to admit I like some of his movies. "Midnight Express" which was Stone's first screenplay and had plenty of Shock value I might add. Always thought that was a good one.  I also agree with HJ - When watching MASH in the later years if the opening theme would end and the opening credits would say "Written By Alan Alda" it was time to change the channel.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 11:51:37 PM »
I was watching the current episode of Warehouse 13.  Time Travel back to 1961. And imagine my surprise when a beautiful blue 1954 Kaiser Manhattan showed up.   Check it out.  Wonder whose car it is??
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
Old topic but worth a post today.  Tonight, (actually tomorrow) at 1am CST, Turner Classic Movies is running "The Killer That Stalked New York."  I caught a nice shot of a '47 Frazer in this film last time they showed it. Lots of NY street scenes so there could be other KFs in it too as I did not see the entire movie. I've got my timer set to record it. Remember, if you do the same, it's actually Jan 10 because it's after midnight when it plays.
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 07:14:56 PM »
Wait. I thought you lost TCM like I did. How'd you get it back?
KFOCI #9798

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
I forgot that when the missus had her shoulder surgery back in '09, Comcast offered us a deal on the premium box and we got it, put it in the living room (we never watch that TV). When I checked it, it still worked there, only on that box. Cost extra if I want to add it to the others (I don't) so I moved it. Anyway, the Frazer in "The Killer That Stalked New York" appears to have been a prop car as it is in the background in other scenes as well. Best scene is when Evelyn Keyes stops at the crosswalk and it cruises by. I'll try to get a shot of it now that I have all these movie makers etc. on this new computer.
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
It should also be remembered that Kaiser-Frazer products appeared in various early 1950's TV shows, among them:

*  Various episodes of SUPERMAN seasons 1 and 2 (mostly 2) that include things like a 1949 Frazer, 1952 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door and 2-door sedans, and even a Kaiser deluxe squad car.

* The episode of MR & MRS NORTH with script title "Target" has a 1952 Kaiser sedan and other episodes show Kaisers as part of stock street footage (the North's car of preference was a Nash)

* The episode of I MARRIED JOAN where Joan thinks she dented the fender of the family's new car, a 1952 Henry J Corsair.  Again, there are also episodes where Kaisers are featured in production stock street footage.

* PRIDE OF THE FAMILY has a 1953 Kaiser Traveler that shows up in various episodes.

* SCIENCE FICTION THEATER used Jeep Station Wagons in various episodes

* A stock film clip of a 1953 Kaiser Squad Car is found on a few early episodes of PERRY MASON

And there are others.

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »
Was a Darrin in "My Little Margie"...
or the movie "Sabrina"?

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »
Anyone know which movie/TV Program this one is from?

1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

blackcat429cj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 06:52:09 PM »
I don't remember ever seeing a Darrin in anything else.
There was an episode of Police Story back in the 70s that had a Red Darrin.  The episode stared Gabe Kaplan,  The footage of the the car was brief and her refered to it by the wrong year - 1948 I beleive - he took it off a drug dealer or something like that!
Mitch Lewis LM 3684
1953 Manhattan - Tropical Green/Stardust Ivory
1954 Special (late) - Arctic White (Now Stardust Ivory)
1954 Darrin - Yellow Satin

Former Cars
1951 HJ Deluxe - Aloha Green
1954 Manhattan - Palm Beach Ivory/Island Green

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 08:32:54 AM »
Fid - That picture reminds me of my high school days, but that would be a story for a different forum. Great photo!

Gary.