Author Topic: interior information  (Read 1375 times)

porsche1914

• View Profile
    • Email
interior information
« on: January 04, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »
In my previous post I listed my trim plate as 4404 when it actually says 4404-2. can anyone provide any information on this trim number? The restoration guide says 4404 is Hickory brown volta Burma vinyl. Is this volta cloth or vinyl and is it the same volta listed in the manufactures form in the bulletin?
Thanks in advance and thanks Fid for letting me know my pictured door panel is from a '52 J.
Don Holt
1951 Henry J Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: interior information
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 05:58:02 AM »
The "-" was used on HJ tags to identify if the car was built with folding rear seat or fixed rear seat; the back seat upholstery is attached differently on the two versions.   The factory needed this information if a dealer ordered a replacement seat from the factory.

porsche1914

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: interior information
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 01:12:40 PM »
Thanks to all for the information on my trim code.
The code lists Hickory Brown Volta & Burma vinyl, I assume the vinyl is the croc., dinosaur, or lizard and the color most be the Burma although I am not sure, is the Volta the same material listed in the manufacturing fund price list? If so what does that look like. I appolize for all the questions, but my J was redone in all black vinyl and when I removed the door panels I found the one panel was from a '52, so it looks as though there may have been a donor involved in the redo before I got the car. The outside of my J has not gone back to the stock color but I would like to make the interior stock, but in a different color combination.
Thanks again for all the help, this forum, and cyberspace, sure make it a lot easier to get information than it was back in the early 60's when my Dad and I were first introduced to KFOC.
Don Holt#10019
1951 Henry J Deluxe