Author Topic: 54' Darrin - Where to begin?  (Read 3066 times)

stevie fierce

54' Darrin - Where to begin?
« on: July 24, 2008, 07:33:27 PM »
I live on long island and have a 54 Kaiser Darrin.  The car is for the most part complete, it runs and drives with only a repaint on it (not very nice).  The car was acquired from the original owner so I have many original pictures and literature on the car.  I even have a picture of him sitting in the car when it rolled off the production line.  Of course, with any restoration, there are going to be things to replace and re-do.  Where or who is the definitive source for these parts, etc?  I am at the very beginning here and am actually questioning if this is something I want to even get involved in....  I mean, the car is driveable and I'd like to enjoy it but it deserves a quality restoration.... By either me or a new buyer.  If anyone can steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.  I have some homework to do over the next few weeks digging thru all this old literature and find out MORE to tell!!!
steve

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 54' Darrin - Where to begin?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:20:09 PM »
There are many parts available for the Darrin's.  Let us know what you need and we will try to steer you to an available source.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom