Author Topic: Possible Willys Aero parts to reproduce:  (Read 10597 times)

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: Possible Willys Aero parts to reproduce:
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 12:56:15 PM »
Gordie,
The "Willys" script on the front fenders of the 1952-early 1954 cars and trunk lid of the late 1954-1955 cars was also used on some of the other Willys products. I see them NOS on ebay often.
I searched for over 20 years for a replacement for my "AeroEagle" script for my trunk lid and finally found one in a grabbag of parts on ebay, so I bought them all and that script was just as pitted as mine was, but at least I have an extra.
The 1952 "Aero Wing" script seems the most common and the "DeLuxe" script on the '54's was used on Eagles, Larks and Aces. The "Custom" script of the 1955 4-doors was also used on the '54 Eagle Custom, the one with the continental kit.
The toughest thing to find may be the flip-up center key cover for the trunk "W" on the 1952-54 cars. When you find one it's pitted or else the split shaft is broken.
NOS horn rings were tough to find until someone in Brazil started selling them expensively on ebay a few years ago, but they don't exist any where else.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »
Vettelang,
When you say "Grille Surrounds," do you mean the sheet metal the grille bolts to? If so, it, like a lot of sheet metal items, is still available in parts cars, which are not scarce yet, but are getting to be. I have an extra grille panel that I kept from a '54 Ace that I scrapped out years ago. I also have spare quarters, doors and fenders just in case. Hoods are another story since they are so rust prone.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 03:45:16 PM »
A few years ago, I bought an NOS 55W hood. It was perfect except that the seller stood it on end with the 'pointy' ends facing down. The weight of the hood, combined with the slightly damp barn, caused the ends to curl. It took alot of work to get them straight again.

As mentioned in earlier posts, NOS stuff is out there...but you'll have better luck finding good used parts.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »
Gordie,
The "Willys" script on the front fenders of the 1952-early 1954 cars and trunk lid of the late 1954-1955 cars was also used on some of the other Willys products. I see them NOS on ebay often.
I searched for over 20 years for a replacement for my "AeroEagle" script for my trunk lid and finally found one in a grabbag of parts on ebay, so I bought them all and that script was just as pitted as mine was, but at least I have an extra.
The 1952 "Aero Wing" script seems the most common and the "DeLuxe" script on the '54's was used on Eagles, Larks and Aces. The "Custom" script of the 1955 4-doors was also used on the '54 Eagle Custom, the one with the continental kit.
The toughest thing to find may be the flip-up center key cover for the trunk "W" on the 1952-54 cars. When you find one it's pitted or else the split shaft is broken.
NOS horn rings were tough to find until someone in Brazil started selling them expensively on ebay a few years ago, but they don't exist any where else.

Thanks Rick,  that is good info for us to have!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom