Author Topic: 1949 Frazer Barn Find  (Read 968 times)

Mr Manhattan

• View Profile
    • Email

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1949 Frazer Barn Find
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 10:40:46 AM »
I enjoyed looking at the photos. It looks like a copper or brown original paint. I thought black but I don't see a lot of black left.  The hood and front bumper have a copper-brown hue to them. 

No comment about pricing.  I don't want Mr. Fleming outing me.
No old cars owned.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 11:01:03 AM »
I have no idea who Mr Fleming is or what outing means, but I think that pricing/value is extremely subjective and best left to the seller and buyer........not us.

Opinions on pricing for cars that are not forum members cars is perfectly normal.  If you have no opinion, fine. I suspect you do have an opinion. Pricing is not extremely subjective.  That's the beauty of a market economy based on supply, demand and capitalism. 
No old cars owned.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »
I am curious, how could you possibly know if a car on Craigslist or eBay belongs to a forum member or not? Do you ask them?

No I don't ask.  The distinction involves who is posting.  If I post MY car on this forum for sale, and ask whatever price I want, then 'usual' forum rules on most old car forums (I am active here, on the Cadillac LaSalle Club forum and the AACA forums) do not allow for pricing comments.   BUT, for the kind of posts we typically see on this forum where someone finds an interesting car it leads to discussion.  Most of us are not buyers, but when an interesting KF is found, it's fun to talk about it, which is all OK as long it does not belong to one of the 900 or so members.
No old cars owned.