Author Topic: Durst Auction  (Read 2918 times)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Durst Auction
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:13:44 AM »
Here's the website for the auction mentioned in this month's bulletin
http://www.fowlkesrealtyandauction.com/auctions202.htm

1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Durst Auction
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:08:25 PM »
Thanks,  This seller is mostly a Chrysler guy but there are a few Kaiser parts cars included.  It would be fun to go thru all of the parts to see if there were any goodies available.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:14:55 AM »
Thanks,  This seller is mostly a Chrysler guy but there are a few Kaiser parts cars included.  It would be fun to go thru all of the parts to see if there were any goodies available.

Gordie,
These are not parts cars. Project cars, yes.  The paradigm has really shifted in the past 20 years. Is anybody resotring cars anymore? That's some solid project sheetmetal.
No old cars owned.

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »
Now that '52 Manhattan is DEFINITELY worth saving.
- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1955 Packard Clipper Custom

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 10:52:50 AM »
I posted this link to the auction on the AACA website as it was like "eye candy" to me and wanted to share.  Many comments re --> the location of Nebraska might keep prices down.

I have 5 old "project" cars and sights on 3-4 more with at least one being a Kaiser so it's tough for me to go to the auction as I can't justify a bid.

I think the real issue is we always think in terms of scarcity.  There aren't many left.... etc but in fact I think there is a surplus of cars, project cars - because fewer and fewer people are doing the aggravating, costly and time consuming full restorations. 

We have seen a shift partly caused by the silly Arizona January auctions which seem to convey that if you don't "over restore" your car, don't bother. WHATEVER!  Do the best you can and ship away at it. I'd rather DRIVE a flawed car then have it sit in my garage for 25 years.  Save a car today that might be crushed.  Just lost a 49 Frazer up in NE that was advertised here. Now, it's gone.
No old cars owned.

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 08:08:12 PM »
 I'm with you there, My car is a ten footer at best, but all the pleasure is in driving it and having fun and talking with other gear heads. Best part, is these old uncommon cars often have little history lessons of their own.
- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »
Anyone

I will probably go to this auction if anybody needs anything purchased (they do seem to have a lot of parts) or you want up close opinions on the cars and want me to bid.  Unlikely you would trust a forum rat for this but who knows.

I think unless a car has perforated rust through in structural areas and the rust repair is so extensive to be too expensive and timely - I think a car can be saved.  So I am not the best advocate. I am a bit too optimistic.

Having said that, i would be happy to proxy for anyone that is interested in any of this fellows Kaisers and will "try" to taker photos although not sure how to get the photos seemlessly uploaded to this site yet.

This auction is a one two punch to me as I love early post war Chryslers too. 
No old cars owned.

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 01:23:12 PM »
If you have trouble uploading photos send them to me.
- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe